Prologue

I woke up, a bit lost and confused. Who am I? What's going on? I saw someone in front of me, she looked quite divine.

 Who am I? What's going on? I saw someone in front of me, she looked quite divine

Goddess: Greetings, young one. My name is Altera Pendragon. I am the Goddess sending you to be sent to a new world today

Me: So I'm dead? Why can't I remember anything about myself?

Goddess: Your soul was damaged when travelling towards this afterlife of sorts.

Me: So that's why I feel so hollow.

Goddess: Interesting, do you remember anything at all?

Me: Can't you just read my mind or something mighty goddess?

Goddess: I see you've got some sass left in you at least. But yes, I could. But I'd rather just respect your privacy unless you threaten my existence.

Me: Fair enough. It feels as if everything about myself was gone, but I remember normal knowledge. I know how to cook, how to read or write, and even stuff like what fictional stories I liked most. But I can't remember things like my name, my family, or even anything related to what I want. It's like there's this void in me, and I have no idea how to fill it.

Goddess: Ah, I see. It seems you've lost sight of what it means to be alive. If you're here, you get wishes you know? Would you like my help?

Me: If I get wishes, I guess, I want 2 main things. I want to live forever, and I want to stop feeling this large void inside me. I know it seems strange to want to live forever, but for some reason the idea of dying again is perhaps the only thing that scares me right now. Beyond that, I guess I'll leave up to you.

Goddess: Very well, out of kindness for your poor situation, I will help you pick out the best choices for yourself. First, I'll give you your immortality and some helpful abilities along that line. They are:

[Immortality] will guarantee you live in all situations. Your soul is somewhere separate from the world. It is not your body that is immortal, it is your soul.

[Freedom] will guarantee that you will be able to escape any kind of bindings, intentional or not. Even if you are unaware you are bound, you will still be freed unknowingly. This ability's powers will scale to meet any kind of imprisonment. You will always have a path to freedom. It additionally has an anti-clairvoyant effect.

[Soul Bind] will allow you to bind sentients or objects to your soul. If a sentient being joins you, they must be absolutely loyal or simply not advanced enough in thinking to have an opinion. Bound objects cannot be stolen, and bound sentients cannot betray you.

[Theft Protection] will protect you against all forms of theft. People will not be able to steal, copy, reproduce, or suppress your belongings, your skills, your knowledge, or anything of that nature unless you allow them too. This ability will not apply to anything not soul bound to you.

[Mental Protection] will additionally guarantee that anything or anyone in your soul cannot betray you. Even manifestations of your own power, like a Inner Hollow, will be agreeable and loyal to you. This ability will also prevent corruption of your mind. People will not be able to break or torture you. You can control if you feel physical pain or not. Additionally, this ability will protect the minds of those bound to you as well.

[Growth] simply makes it so that there is no limit on your growth. Your powers can continue to grow.

Me: Wow, that's a lot of nice stuff. Thanks.

Goddess: Anyways, my final gift to you, will be Nen. You may recognize it from the anime you once watched, Hunter x Hunter. Nen is the energy of life. It is bending reality using life force. So, I will modify it a bit so that you can discover what it means to live.

To live, is to have consciousness. To have your own thoughts, and make your own choices. This is demonstrated by a new Nen branch I have created for you, [Thinker]. Thinkers are able to give sentience to their Nen.

To live, is to be a part of the world. To express yourself, be able to represent your existence. This is demonstrated by the Nen branch of [Conjuration]. Conjurers can manifest things with their Nen.

To live, is to be a part of its flow. To be somewhere, to be somewhen, to be free to navigate it to its fullest. This is demonstrated by another new Nen branch I have created for you, [Navigation]. Navigators manipulate space and time with their Nen.

To live, is to interact with the world. To make connections, to affect the world through your actions. This is demonstrated by the Nen branch of [Manipulation]. Manipulators can infuse their Nen into other things and affect them.

To live, is to accumulate wisdom. To have a past, a history one can reflect and learn from. This is demonstrated by another new Nen branch I have made for you, [Observation]. Observers peer through information itself, seeing the past or even altering the present by changing information through Nen.

To live, is to live in uncertainty. A predetermined future, is not a future at all. One must plan for the future, but it must never be certain. This is demonstrated by the last new Nen branch I have made for you, [Prediction]. Predictors use their Nen to influence the future, by predicting it or altering luck or fate.

To live, is to have desire. If living things do not yearn for anything, do not want for anything, they are no longer living. This is demonstrated by the Nen branch of [Transmutation]. Transmuters use their Nen to warp reality to meet their ideals or desires. It is the most abstract, and the most reliant on your own personal willpower.

To live, is to grow. To unearth one's infinite potential and keep improving. Contrary to what you might believe, there is no true limit to what any living being can accomplish. They simply must keep pushing past their limits. This is demonstrated by the Nen branch of [Enhancement]. Enhancers push their limits and enhance everything they do with Nen.

Oh, and don't worry. There are no Emitters, but you can still just learn how to emit your Nen as if it were another Nen technique.

Me: I don't get it. How is that supposed to help me fill the void? Like how does a power system teach me that?

Goddess: Everything is alive, young one. The rocks on the ground, the water flowing through a river, even ideas and concepts are alive. To learn each facet of Nen I have given you to its fullest, you must comprehend a portion of what it means to be alive. It will not simply come to you. It's a sort of goal for you to strive for, so that you know the path to your deepest desire. That void in your soul you feel can only be filled by learning how to live. At least as much as a true immortal can.

Me: I see, well, I'll trust your judgement I guess. Thanks.

Goddess: I hope you are able to find what you are looking for, have fun in the next world.