10. chocolate & peanut butter

...

You insert change into the vending machine and pressed the button B4. Your Reese's chocolate bar drops down and falls to the pickup port. You grab your favourite chocolate snack and sat down on an uncomfortable bench that was in front of the pictures of the fallen agents.

You took a bite out of the chocolate, peanut butter combination and slipped it between your lips. You hadn't eaten anything since breakfast which contained an everything bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee.

It's been two hours since the team flew to Kentucky where they believe that was where the Messiah, Meadows and Spencer were. You had slipped out of Garcia's office to get fresh air and to collect your thoughts.

"Hey," You heard a familiar voice walking up to you.

"Spencer." As you gave him a light hug, You let out a breath that you didn't know you were holding. He wrapped his arms around your waist and rested his chin on your head.

"When did you get here? And why did no one tell me you were here?!" You release the hug.

"20 minutes ago, Penelope thought you were in your office."

You nodded. "You know those will fade away. You look badass though" You point to the purple bruises left on his face, They sure weren't like that the last time you saw him. But weirdly he looked 10 times hotter with them.

"Thanks, That's the look I was going for."

You both smile as Reid notices the half-eaten chocolate bar in your hand.

"What? You don't like Reeses? If so that's gonna be a problem"

"No no, It's one of my favourites too" He lets out a small chuckle.

"Good to know." You replied.

You pick out change from your back pocket and slip it into the vending machine. The Reeses chocolate bar falls down the pickup port. You hand Reid the chocolate bar and he gladly accepts.

"I'll drop you off at your place."

He nods in agreement. As you first stopped by your office to pick up your belongings such as keys, Your purse, Your personal phone and your work phone, Spencer finished his Reeses bar by then.

"I know this small diner near my place, It has the best food and it's owned by this cute little family. If you want I can stop by before I drop you off and you can just eat it when you get home?" You said.

"Thank you," Spencer replied.

"Of course."

"I mean thank you for everything. If you weren't strong, I probably wouldn't be here right now. So thank you."

Your heart melted as Spencer said those words. "You shouldn't thank me. You were the strong one here. I should be thanking you."

You both smiled at each other's words. You realized what had happened last night showed you how much you cared about him. You both went to the parking garage and you began to drive to the diner you told Spencer about.

The drive was salient but it was comfortable. You both were so drained from the past 43 hours you experienced.

As you got to the diner, You ordered the food and brought it all back to your car in a big white paper bag. Spencer thanks you, Again, And you start making the drive to his apartment.

It was 5 in the morning so the roads were clear. Once you got to Spencer's apartment, He turns to you and asks if you wanted to come up and eat the delicious food with him.

You were hesitant at first but after the past day you both had, You figured it would be good to have some company and coming back to an empty apartment wouldn't be that great.

Spencer places the paper bag that was carrying the food on his kitchen island as he then starts to unbutton his shirt. "I'm gonna change into something comfortable. Make yourself at home." He gave you a warm smile and went into his bedroom.

You nodded and began unpacking the food from the go-to boxes. You had ordered yourself waffles with fruit and whipped cream on top and a strawberry milkshake to go along with it. The milkshake was your favourite. For Spencer, You ordered pancakes that had maple syrup drizzled all over with a chocolate milkshake. You assumed he would like it.

Spencer came back out with a Caltech t-shirt on and a pair of sweatpants.

"I got you a chocolate milkshake. Hope you like it." You handed him the cup.

"I like anything chocolate. Thanks."

...

You woke up to the sound of the shower going on. You slowly moved your body up but your eyes were still closed due to the bright light shining out from the window. Once your eyes adjusted, You realized that you were on Spencer's couch. You remembered after you guys talked for hours, You must have fallen asleep on the brown leather sofa. You removed the cozy purple blanket off of you and began looking for your phone to see if you had any calls that you missed.

Your eyes scattered all over the coffee table, Nothing. It wasn't on the kitchen island or in your pockets. You bent down and checked under the couch and there it was.

The clock on your phone read 1:15 PM. You checked thru your notifications and there were no missed calls.

You realized the shower had been turned off and you didn't know what to do.

Make coffee? You thought to yourself.

"Oh good morning," Spencer stepped out of his room wearing dark navy blue trousers, With a matching button-up shirt that was halfway unbuttoned. His hair was dripping wet and the bruises on his face were faded.

"Morning. Did you get called in?" You asked.

"No, But we are still on to check out that art gallery right?" He asked.

"Uh what gallery again?" You questioned.

"The national portrait gallery. Right before you fell asleep this morning, You said you wanted to check it out."

It all came running back to you. It was obvious to yourself that you really liked him so you decided to be bold and ask him on a second date and he agreed. "Oh right! But I have to get to my place and get ready."

"Okay, I can meet you at the entrance around 3."

"Sounds good."

...
a/n:
i was gonna continue the second date on this chapter but then it would just be too long??