Chapter Three

I was so warm. Was I dead? Whatever I laid on felt like, what I assume, clouds would feel like. Softness, warmth, safety, and that smell. It smelt masculine, like leather and woods, I could soak in this fragrance for eternity and never have a complaint.

Maybe being dead isn't so bad, I moaned and sunk further into my safety cloud. I lifted my hand to my face, groaning as pain radiates through my body. Nope, not dead. So where was I?

My eyes peeled open, only to shut them quickly as I let out a small groan due to the bright light coming in through the window I managed to glance out.

I heard a low murmur before I heard the curtains draw closed, darkening the room.

I peeled my eyes open again, blinking a few times before my vision cleared. Glancing around I noticed I was in a room with gray walls, this one much different than the previous one I woke up in. I took a deep breath before slowly maneuvering myself into a sitting position.

On the wall straight ahead was a flat screen tv with a dresser underneath. To the right of it laid a door, my head tilted to the side as I heard the faint sound of voices from the other side of the door. Glancing to the left of the room laid another door, this one was cracked open enough to see tile flooring and part of a porcelain tub.

There was a desk positioned on the wall beside the bathroom door with a laptop and paper stacked neatly on it. Slowly moving my head to the right, I noticed another door, this one I assumed to be a closet. Moving my gaze further right I noticed a black couch pushed against the wall, a book laying on one cushion.

Sitting on the cushion next to it, staring at me intently with a hand propped under his chin, was the mystery man from last night. My breath caught as I glanced at him. He was beautiful. I watched as he rose from the couch. My body moved on it's own, scrambling backwards, my back pushed into the headboard. The man quickly raised his hands in surrender.

"Hey, hey, it's alright darlin. I ain't gonna hurt ya." He took slow steps towards the bed, kneeling down in front of it.

I eyed him warily, watching as one of his hands moved towards the table beside the bed. His hand came back with a bottle of water and held it in my direction, my throat ached but I was cautious.

He made show of tilting the bottle upside down before turning it back up and cracking the lid open. His hand held the bottle out again, sending me a soft smile, my hand shook as I slowly reached out to take it waiting to see if he would take it back. Once the bottle was in my hand I kept my eyes on him as I took the first sip, my eyes closing for a moment as the liquid soothed my throat. I heard a rustle, making my eyes pop open and shoot at him. He held a bottle of medicine making my eyes narrow, my head tilting to the side.

"It's just ibuprofen, flower." He reassured me with a soft smile as he turned the bottle for me to read the label.

Once he deemed me satisfied, he opened the bottle and shook a couple of pills out before holding them towards me. I slowly put my hand out, allowing him to drop the medicine in my palm. Shivers went through me as his fingers grazed my palm, making me jerk my hand back quickly. I took another sip of the water before taking the medicine. Once I finished I passed the water back, he screwed the lid back on and held it in my direction again. I took the bottle, hugging it to my chest.

"We're at my place." He said softly. "I wasn't sure where you lived so I brought you back here and patched up that knee of yours." His head nodded to where my legs rested under the blanket.

"Thank you, for last night." I whispered, looking around the room once more. "I should really be going now." I slowly moved the comforter back, stopping when I realized I was still in the large t-shirt from last night.