𝐯𝐢𝐢

————
𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐬
————

"So who's gonna be the one to drag her home..." Aziel trails. We've been watching Phoenix get drunk as fuck for the past hour.

"Not me." I reply quickly.

"Well Aspen sure as hell can't do it," Aziel gestures toward her, "Look at her."

I look towards Aspen and she's half passed out on the table beside us. I have come to realize Aspen's tolerance for alcohol is very low.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" I suggest.

Aziel considers before answering, "Okay, but none of that best out of three bullshit." I nod in agreement.

"Rock, paper, scissors says shoot." We say at the same time. I put out rock and Aziel puts out paper. I curse under my breath.

"Good luck dude." Aziel laughs in my face. He walks towards Aspen trying to wake her up. She instantly attempts to punch him in the face from being startled, but he dodges it quickly.

"Wanna trade yet?" I ask chuckling.

"No, at least Aspen's not as stubborn as Phoenix," Aziel teases as Aspen finally gets up, "And she's shit faced? Your really gonna need the luck."

I sigh and begin to walk towards the bar, trying to figure out how to get her to leave.

"Do you believe we're the only people in the whole universe?" I hear Phoenix talking the bartender's ear off and gesturing wildly with her hands as I get closer, "Because I sure as hell don't. Like the universe is giant! There is absolutely no fucking way we're the only people in the universe. Because that would suck, because we're all horrible people. And you know what's weird? NASA first started exploring the ocean. And then they stopped and now they're searching space? What if they've found something deadly in the ocean and they're just looking for a way out of he-"

"Quite the conspiracy theorist darling." I stop her mid sentence. The bartender gives me a thankful look and goes to take someone else's order.

"Could you not interrupt me?" She hisses, "Anyway as I was saying Rich- where'd he go?"

"Away because he couldn't stand you," I roll my eyes, "Let's go."

"Go where?" She slurs.

"Back to the hotel. It's almost 1 o'clock in the morning." I pinch the space between my eyes.

"I'm not even done drinking." She gestures towards her drink almost smacking me in the face.

"Oh I think your plenty done Phoenix," I glare, "That's your eighth drink not including the tray of shots you took."

"Why do you even care?" She takes a large gulp of her drink.

God, this fucking woman.

"I don't. Aziel and I played rock, paper, scissors to see who had to drag your wasted ass back to hotel."

She doesn't say anything for a minute, her brain clearly lagging hard. "You lost?" She asks and then bursts out laughing. She smacks her hand on the bar counter wheezing, and leans back in her chair almost tipping the whole thing over.

"Jesus Christ Phoenix," I grab the back of her chair so it doesn't fall. I pull two twenty dollar bills out of my pocket and set them on the bar, "We're going." I pull her out of her chair. Before I can fully drag her away from the bar she downs the rest of her drink -which was a lot- in one go.

"Bye Richard!" She yells to the bartender as we leave the club.

"Oh my God, you're so embarrassing." I sigh in frustration.