Crossing Oceans

He was getting overwhelmingly tired. He sat down in the dark hallway. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around himself. He closed his eyes, in some attempt to sleep. As he finally calmed down, his mind drifted to home. His friends, Lukas. He kept thinking about what he could've done. If only he just apologized. If only he stayed away. He opened his eyes, failing to let himself sleep. He looked to both sides of the hallway. He couldn't count the days, but he knew it had been at least a month. He shook his head and stood up. Putting his jacket on, and went through the next portal. It was a dark yellow.
He heard the sound of waves and birds. He stood out onto the sand. He looked out to see the water crashing at the shore. He started to walk towards the water when he felt something beneath his feet. He looked down to see an orange-coated flint and steel. He looked back at the portal, to see it unlit, and made from a dark oak door. He walked away from the flint and steel and walked to the shore. He walked through the water. He could feel the wind blowing through his hair, once more. He'd never been somewhere so calming before. He knew he couldn't stay here forever, he had a home to find. It was very tempting, though. He had spent so long trying to find his home, and he didn't want to think about how far away he was, how long it would take. He was scared he'd never find home. He couldn't see a clear path, he could only hope that maybe, he'd find his way back. He shook his head again. He told himself he couldn't stay. He wanted to be home, and he wanted to say sorry. He wanted to have his home back and his family. He had nothing here anyway. Only a few stacks of dried kelp, and his old armour.
His tears felt warm contrasted with the cool breeze. He wiped them away and walked for another hour.