Vulnerability

"Hey! Sit your ass down the Doctor said not to walk around too much for at least a week!" Bakugou ushered them back into the wheelchair as they got out of the car.
Akira rolled their eyes at him, reluctantly sitting down so he wouldn't complain. "Please I can walk just fine. The Doctors are being dramatic." They huffed a breath, elbow resting on the arm of the chair.
"Yeah, and when you pop your stitches and get an infection it won't seem so dramatic." He snapped back at them, coming around to the trunk and grabbing Akira's hospital bag.
They glanced over their shoulder to him, arms stretching out to swipe the bag from his hands. "At least let me hold-"
"No! I've got it, just sit tight and wait a damn minute will ya?! You're so impatient." He grumbled under his breath, throwing the duffle across his body to carry up to their apartment. Bakugou turned and locked the car, the sound echoing in the parking garage.
"Pft, impatient?! You're one to talk Katsuki." They huffed, facing forward now as Bakugou wheeled them to the elevator.
" Don't gimme that attitude or I'll have to give it right back to ya Dumbass." He teased them, pressing the button to their floor and holding Akira steady as they went up.
Akira chuckled to themselves, staring into the reflective metal of the elevator, they saw their legs all bandaged and so thin. Their whole body seeming frail and helpless; Akira wanted to move. Their fingernails tapped on the arm of the wheelchair, scratching at it and their heart began to race when they realized how long a week was... at least. This wasn't comfortable, and although Akira knew they could move their arms and legs, stretch them out, bend them back in, they still felt trapped. Trapped just like they were in that room; when their ankles were bound to a different chair. When their wrists burned from rubbing against ropes that nearly cut off their circulation and they couldn't get away from it. Akira's breathing hitched, eyes defocusing as they stared into the gleaming metal, images fleeting left and right in their mind. The sensation of pain shocked itself into their arms and-
Ding.
The doors opened. "SUPRISE!"
Akira's panic broke, jaw-dropping, and corners of her mouth turning up to smile as they were greeted by their friends.
"Akira!" Kirishima came rushing over, avoiding any contact with Bakugou as he bent down to hug them. "Glad you're okay! We were gonna come to visit more in the hospital after you woke up but we didn't wanna stress you out ya know?!" He stood with his arms crossed, a cheeky grin on his face.
"Yeah! I offered to give you a little zap to wake you up sooner but I think Katsuki would have had my head!" Denki joked with them.
"You're damn right I would have!" Bakugou barked from behind them.
"Jeez guys! Give them some space! They just broke free from the big house, how would you like to be crowded by a whole bunch of people huh?!" Mina pushed the boys back, Sero was standing quietly behind her. "I'm glad you're finally home Akira."
They giggled at them all, shifting to sit up straighter in the wheelchair. Akira secretly hated the way they all looked down at them with sympathy but they could understand why. Akira had the best group of friends in the world.
"Did you see we hung a banner up for you! Kiri's idea actually but we used my tape!" Sero stood proud of himself and their measly decorations. He was surprised Bakugou even let them have their little impromptu get-together, he was so touchy before...
"It looks amazing guys, it's so good to see you... I really missed all your faces. I'm shocked Katsuki went so long without his right-hand man Ejirou, I don't think you guys have spent this much time apart since Year One at UA.
Bakugou's fists clenched around the handles of Akira's wheelchair, he eyed Kiri with a fire-like stare, head shaking subtly, but firmly back and forth at him.
Kirishima's face went hot and he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, smiling down at Akira. "Well, I figured the two of you would want some time alone together after what happened so..." He shrugged.
Akira's brows furrowed, really? That wasn't like Kiri...
"Well anyway, we just wanted to welcome you back but we can't stay," Mina explained "I'm sure you need some rest anyways."
"You guys are leaving so soon?" Akira had to admit they were a bit disappointed, they did miss spending time with their friends... it felt like forever since they'd seen them.
" Yeah sorry Akira, we have some new upgrades waiting with our suits so we have to make the appointment on time. The agency won't be happy if we're late." Denki elaborated, rustling a bit of Akira's hair and using his quirk to make it static and stand on end.
They giggled a bit, rolling their eyes at him and nodding as the group started to head for the elevator. "Yeah yeah, go on get your upgrades, once I'm out of this wheelchair I'll still be able to kick your asses."
"You think so?"
"'Course!"
"Well, we'll hold you to it. Get some rest Akira..." The gang stepped inside, waving goodbye to them both.
Their chest deflated as Bakugou kissed the top of their head, wheeling them into the living room. "That sucks I really wish they could have stayed for a drink or something"
"It's not like we don't see them all the time." Bakugou circled around them, crouching down and brushing their hair behind their ear.
"Yeah that's true... hey is everything alright with you and Kiri? He seemed a little tense when I asked about why he hadn't been around... did you guys get into a fight?"
Bakugou shook his head, bottom lip pouting out as his nose scrunched. "Nah, nothing the matter." He lied. "You're probably just reading into things too much."
"You know it's part of my quirk to feel energies right? His was off..." They argued with him, fingertips fiddling with Katsuki's large and rough hands as they chatted.
"Your energy is off, you need to relax baby... don't worry about Kiri okay? I'm sure whatever you were feeling, he'll figure it out. Let's focus on you."
Akira rolled their eyes, huffing again. "Oh please, the last two weeks of my life have been about me. I'm really sick of hearing about myself."
"Well, you're going to have to deal with it. How does it feel to be back home?" Bakugou pried, not satisfied when Akira simply shrugged. "Come on, use your words."
"It's fine I guess... same old... it'll be nice to sleep in our own bed." They admitted. "Still... I don't want to have to use this wheelchair for a whole week."
"At least," Bakugou added.
"At least..." Akira confirmed.
"Well you have to, I don't want anything else bad happening to you alright? I don't want to see you in any more pain than you've already been through so don't go getting stubborn on me alright?" Bakugou leaned in, a devilish smirk gracing his lips as he planted gentle kisses over Akira's cheeks. "Being stubborn is my job you got that Dumbass?"
"Katsuki!" Akira giggled, their hands playfully pushing him back. "Jeez! Down boy! It's not fair for you to attack me like that when I can't run away from you!"
Bakugou's brows raised when they teased him but he didn't let up. "Oh, what you don't want my kisses?! I'll have to torture you in some other way then hm?" His fingers wandered.
"Hey! Katsuki no! Please I smell like a hospital and I haven't showered in a full twenty-four hours, there's no time for this."
Bakugou pulled back, thumb brushing gently under Akira's chin and just taking a moment to admire them. "No matter what, you're always stunning to me." His words were soft and there was a shared comfortable silence between them before he broke it. "Still, you're right." He teased again, standing to turn them towards the shower. "Let's get you washed up okay? We'll take a hot shower together, and then I'll start cooking some dinner and you can take a nap okay?"
Akira nodded, a nice warm shower sounded absolutely blissful right now. They held onto Bakugou's shoulders as he helped to lift them up onto the bathroom counter, extra careful about their legs. "I'm not a china doll you know. I won't break."