Chapter 10

Hey!!!!!! I found some free time!!! Okay so this chapter is dedicated to AstridAnnabethDiamon for giving me a few ideas for this chapter and possibly the next if I split it! She had some awesome ideas and I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~
Ethan's POV

Jayden slowly walks into the nursery and trails his fingertips along one crib rail before picking up the brown stuffed bear. He gently strokes the soft fur before placing it precisely how it sat before.

"So what do you think? I mean it's not really that great and if you don't like the cribs or the setup of the room I can change it. I wasn't sure what kind of stuffed animals to buy so I kind of went with the obvious teddy bear deal. If that's too common we can go buy new ones. Oh and I wasn't sure about the genders so I went with something generic. Actually one of the pack females picked the color out so if....."

"Shhhh. Ethan it's perfect." Jayden cut my rambling off as he walked over to me and hugged me tight. "Well maybe not the yellow. but we can repaint once the babies are here." he said as he scrunched his face up.

I laughed breathlessly in relief as I hugged him back as tightly as I dared. I leaned down and rested my forehead against his before gently kissing him. I moved my lips slowly and softly against his as he kissed me back just as sweetly. As I was about to deepen the kiss I feel a slight thump from one of the babies kicking.

I break away grinning as I lay my hands on his stomach to feel more of the small movements.

"Come on Jay. I have one more surprise for you." I say as I grab his hand. He groans and throws his head back whining about more surprises while I chuckle at his childishness.

"Fine. But you have to give me a back massage tonight because my back is killing me!" He exclaims while fake glaring at me.

"Of course my little Jay. I will give you anything you want." I assure as I gently tug him along beside me. He huffs and mutters something like 'you better' under his breath causing me to chuckle silently.

"Ok close your eyes one more time." I instruct as I lay a hand over his eyes and lay one on his shoulder to help guide him. I lead him through the living room and kitchen and a waiting pack member silently opens the sliding door to the patio.

Once I am outside and I have Jayden where he can see the whole yard I uncover his eyes and tell him he can open them again. He slowly does and gasps at the sight in front of him.

There was streamers hanging in tree branches from the older kids who wanted to help set up and tables along the edge of the forest piled with food and gifts. There was several tables for games, some small carnival style games like balloon pop and ring toss, and several baby related games for a baby shower.

Jayden opened and closed his mouth a few times trying to find something to say as he looked around at the set up and all of the pack members smiling at him.

I knew he was probably having a hard time taking so I tapped his arm to get his attention.

'Do you like it?' I sign when he looks at me.

'Yes I do. Very much. Thank you so much Ethan' he signs fluently as he continues to stare in amazement.

'I love you Jay. I'm so glad you like my surprises.' I sign back. And Jayden smiles at me. Really smiles at me. This smile was unlike any smile I've seen. His eyes were sparkling with joy, love, and innocence. It was a true smile holding nothing back and completely void of his normal uncertain and cautious appearance. It showed his complete trust and love.

I want to always see this smile on him. It makes me breathless to witness and it feels like I am falling in love all over again.

"I love you too Ethan." he replies out loud as he also signs it. I give him another kiss but I make sure to keep it short and sweet while remembering our audience.

The rest of the day is spent full of smiles, laughs, and games. Jayden kept trying to win the ring toss and after six tries he finally does win. Couples also play a diaper changing game to see who is the quickest. I fumbled as I tried to correctly fasten it but Jayden swiftly change three diapers by the time I finished one.

He seemed proud of himself when he glanced over and saw how bad I was doing. He laughed as he showed me how to correctly change a babies diaper quickly. After a few minutes of him demonstrating I finally got the hang of it but I still couldn't keep up with Jayden.

After all the games were over and everyone was stuffed full of food it was time for gifts. Me and Jayden opened them together. We got a few more toys, some bibs, bottles, pacifiers, bouncers, clothes, diapers, and other baby items.

Today was a wonderful day. Jayden had fun and he didn't hide behind the walls that have been around him for years. He was finally free of his past. He may always remember his past and it's challenges but at least now he had the chance to live his life worry free and start over.

In a few weeks we will have a family. Our family. Two precious pups who depend on us and will love us.

~~~~~~
Okay that's the end of this chapter! I hope you liked it! Just a fun sweet chapter to help show Jayden and Ethan's bond. They needed something good to happen to them after everything they've been through.

I am going to attempt to post a second chapter tonight if I can. The very beginning of the next chapter is ideas that also come from AstridAnnabethDiamon but the rest is a twist I have had planned for a while.

Please READ & REVIEW!!!!!!