Chapter 13

Hey, @Dawnofbooks here! Did you guys enjoy the bonus chapter 12? @rellish will be around for a while and I'm glad myself, she is way better and amazing you know? I'm struggling to learn but I hope I'm getting better.
Chapter 13 was a combined effort of both mine and her style, mostly hers of course with a few of my parts intact.
So enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

Jayden P.O.V

The sharp smell of blood clung to the air and wrapped itself around the clearing. I stood over the lifeless body and watched as the blood soaked into the dirt and continued to flow along the hard ground until it reached my feet, staining them a deep red. I felt it slowly drip from my mouth and matt into my fur, but I didn't care. He was dead, I made sure of it. It was done.

I took a deep breath but the power and strength continued to surge through me making my body hum with anticipation. I closed my eyes and embraced this strange new feeling. The metallic taste of blood in my mouth made me sigh with satisfaction as a smile tickled at my lips. They thought I was weak. They thought it would be easy to take me down, but it wasn't. I was strong and in the end, they were nothing. They couldn't touch me. My grin widened and I chuckled.

I heard movement and a small gasp, making me aware that I was not alone in the clearing. My eyes popped open as they landed on a figure standing a number of paces from me. It was another male wolf, still in his human form. His eyes were wide and he became very still as my gaze settled on his. Did I know him? Why was he here? Something gently pushed inside my mind, but I shook my head to get rid of it. I couldn't lose focus.

As I continued to watch him, the wind in the small clearing shifted and the scent of my babies drifted over on the breeze. They smelled sweet and innocent and soft. It was time to leave and get back to them. Ignoring the other wolf, I glanced back behind me to where I know I left them out of harm's way but instantly froze when I found nothing but empty space.
But they are here. I sniffed the air in confusion and followed that heavenly scent back to the male in front of me.

What?

My eyes narrowed and a deep, menacing growl left my lips. How did he .....Why did he smell like my babies?

.... No......!!

The low simmer rapidly turned to a boil as my blood started to heat again. Red started to seep into my vision as I bared my teeth and took a step forward.

They are mine and no one else's. MINE!!

My rage burned brighter and hotter as the heavy smell of blood disappeared and the sweet, innocent smell of my family took over my senses. The heat and the anger raced through me and nothing else mattered in that moment.

I took a step forward, advancing on the threat in front of me, growling again in warning. I stalked the wolf slowly, ready to make a move, ready to protect.

They are not yours! Give them back to me!

He took a step back while keeping his eyes locked on mine, but didn't shift. I felt that push again, but this time it was more insistent. I growled, deep and angry, showing my sharp canines, and continued to stalk my prey, itching to sick my teeth into that delicate neck of his. My gums tingled and saliva started to pool in my mouth at the thought. He took another step back but then sorrow filled his eyes along with something else that seemed slightly familiar. I didn't have time to think about it though.

Shift! Now! I wasn't sure why I wanted him to shift, but it felt important. Something was telling me I should wait for him to shift.

He still didn't shift, but I felt that damn pushing against my mind again. It was annoying and I wanted it gone. I growled, louder this time, shaking my head, trying to get rid of the feeling.
'Kill them, kill them now!' A voice resonated deep within me, dark and sinister.