Chapter 50

Alexus P.O.V

It has been a couple of weeks since Jocelyn died. I don't know her but the way Jahseh has broken up over it just makes me hurt. Y/n has been kind of avoiding being here. She stays out all day with the doctor lady or friends and when she comes home she just goes straight to her room.

I mean it's slowly getting better. She comes home during dinner and we talk a little before she shuts down and goes to her room. Everyone has been staying at Y/n's house, well everyone except Stokeley.

Jahseh and I just got through with his album. He asked me to put some vocals on some songs.

I used to sing when we were younger but I stopped because I started to feel uncomfortable with my voice.

I started acting when I was little but I stopped because of my relationship with Dre. He felt like he was supposed to make the money in the relationship and I just stayed home. I listened to him and stopped acting.

After talking to Y/n about the whole Dre thing I feel like I can get back into it. But saying I'm not afraid to do so would be a lie.

"Aye, Y/n asked what we want for dinner." Jahseh said, standing in my room doorway.

"Um, I don't know what were you thinking?" I said, putting my phone down." Getting up, to walk downstairs.

"I was thinkin of Mandarin, but we had that last night..."Ski just said Thai are you cool with that?" He said, he sits down at the island."

"Yeah, that's fine," I said getting something to drink and a snack. I walked to the living room. I turned on the TV and flipped through channels until it got to Spongebob.

"What do you wanna do tomorrow?" He asked, flopping down next to me.I don't have anyone to hang out with. Most of the people I knew and hung out with were Dre's friends.

And the friends I did have he made me stop talking to because he thought they were a bad influence.

"Alright, I figure something out. How's the search going?" He asked putting his arms on the back of the couch. I've been looking for an agent but I have been hesitant.

"I mean good I guess. I'm just scared."

"If acting is something you really wanna do then you need to do it don't hesitate." He told me I nodded my head as I cuddled into his side.

A few minutes passed and the front door opened.

"Ouch, what you hit me for," Jahseh said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Because I felt like it. What yall up to?" Stokeley said sitting on the couch next to us. He put his feet up on the coffee table and put his hands behind his head.

"Nothing just watching TV figuring out what to do tomorrow." He nodded

"How yall been feeling?" He asked but he kept eye contact with me. I knew he was talking about the nightmares I'd been having.

I've had them since I got out of the hospital but they weren't as frequent as they are now.

"Taking it one day at a time oh and we just finished my album wanna hear?" Jahseh said pulling out his phone.

"No, not really," Stokeley said pulling out his phone looking uninterested.

"Too bad." Jahseh played some songs he was going to put on the album.

"Bro," Stokeley said

"You the goat." Jahseh smiled

"You think so?"

"No, but it's cool."Jasheh's smile dropped and he sucked his teeth.

Stokeley P.O.V

So I've been ghost lately since Jocelyn's suicide. I'm not good with emotions so I just let them sort everything out on their own.

I was coming from the barbershop when I got a text in the group chat. It was my sister asking what we wanted for dinner. I took that as everything was good now and an invite to eat free food.

I replied with Thai and got in my car. I drove to an auto parts store because I needed to get some car cleaning stuff.

I went home and took a shower because it's hot as a bitch today. When I got out I saw Jahseh agreed to Thai for dinner.

I threw on an oversized Goyard tee and some black tactical joggers with my Versace chain reaction sneakers.

"Hey, where you going?". Chrystal asked.

She's been staying here for a while. I don't think anyone knows though and I don't know how they would react to it with the whole Jahseh possibly being her brother thing.

That reminds me I got to call my mom and see when she and dad can fly out. We need to sit down with Jahseh and talk about this before it's too late.

"Y/n's for dinner you wanna come?". I asked. They are going to find out, either way, she's staying with me. She and Alexus have been with me since the hospital.

"Nope but bring me back some food." She said going upstairs.

I walked to the door and grabbed some car keys.

"Nah there's food in the refrigerator." I walked out of the house, got in the car.

I drove to Y/n's thinking of how things are going to change when Maya gets out of the hospital next week.