CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN ~ NEWS & NURSERY

MARCH 2021

David and I were on a Zoom call with The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, and Catherine.

After Philip had been discharged from the hospital, the family knew his time with us was coming to an end, so David and I decided it was time to inform about the pregnancy.

"Katalina and I have an announcement to make," David said.

"I think it's perfect timing that with everything going that we could share this news to unite us as one... David, want to tell them?" I asked him, nervous about sharing the news.

"We're having a baby!" David exclaimed.

Everyone obviously lost it, smiling and screaming over the news.

"I knew it; I'm getting my Philip," Philip said.

"I'm really so happy for you both, congratulations; God truly does have a plan for us all, wishing you many more bundles of joy and many blessings," The Queen said.

Everyone else congratulated us and made jokes about what David would be like as a father.

Charles cleared his throat.

"Thank you for sharing such fantastic news with us; I know we are dealing with a lot at the moment, but we will overcome this as a family, we have a lot of work to do, but may I ask how far along are you, Katalina?" Charles asked.

"Thirteen weeks. I'm due in September," I answered.

"There's one more thing we need to tell you all," David said.

"What is it? Is it twins?" William asked, jokingly.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we're having twins," David replied.

"Oh my goodness," Camilla said.

After I had revealed my pregnancy to David, I had a private visit to the doctors, who confirmed my pregnancy and told me how far along I was and how my pregnancy would progress with twins.

"Yes, twins, we were shocked ourselves when we found out," I said.

"So, I get Philips or Philipas," Philip said, grinning.

"You'll get Philip, but Philipa can be a middle name," I said.

"Yeah, if it's girls, then we'll sneak Philipa in there, but if it's boys, then one of the boys will be named Philip," David said.

"Either way, I'm happy with my namesake," Philip said.

===•===

"Do you really think that we're having a boy and girl," I asked David.

I watched him finish setting up the nursery with things that everyone had quickly sent over after we shared the news of us expecting twins.

"Yes, I feel it in my core that we're having one of each," David answered.

"Okay, if you say so," I said.

David stood up, walked over to me and stood next to me.

"What do you think?" He asked me.

I smiled.

"It's amazing, you did a wonderful job," I answered.

The nursery was really beautiful and the fact that everything in here was given to us by family members made this room very special

"I'm honestly amazed at myself for getting this so quickly," David said.

I kissed his cheek.

"You're Superman," I said with a chuckle.

===•===

"I won't tell anyone you told me the genders of the babies but what are the genders?" Philip asked over the phone.

I chuckled.

"Okay, fine. We're having a boy and a girl," I answered.

Philip smiled.

"Philip and Philipa, excellent," He said.

I smiled.

"Philipa will be one of her middle names, as I want to name after my late grandmother," I said.

"That's perfectly fine, such a wonderful nod to your grandmother; she was such a strong and quick wit woman," He said.

"She was," I said.

"She would have been so delighted that you married David; she always wanted you to marry into the family," He said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, she was even planning to have an arranged marriage between William and you, but we thought it would look bad to have an arranged marriage for William but luckily David fell for you," He explained.

I was shocked at what Philip had revealed to me. I never knew that my grandmother wanted an arranged marriage for William and me.

"Thank God," I said.

Philip chuckled.

"Katalina, you have to make sure you and David continue to live in Windsor Castle to look after the Queen," Philip said.

I frowned.

"Yes, of course," I said, knowing the real meaning of his words.

"Also remember that tolerance is the one essential ingredient to this life," He said.

I nodded.