CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN ~ BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT

SEPTEMBER 2021

Princess Katalina gives birth to twins

The Duchess of Connaught gave birth to twins -- a boy and a girl -- early on Saturday in a London hospital.

The 38-year-old, who is married to Royal prince The Duke of Connaught, delivered her first children just after midnight at St Mary's Hospital.

"They are healthy, I'm happy and thrilled," The Duke of Connaught said as he talked to the selected press conference.

The couple's 7.0 pound son was born first, followed by a 6.0 pound daughter. Both have yet to be named.

Celebrity magazine People is reportedly offering upward of $20 million for the exclusive U.S. rights for the first photos of the babies, topping a People and Hello! magazines colossal $11 million to $14 million for the photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's twins Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt.

===•===

9,790,900 likes

9,790,900 likes

connaughtroyal The Duke and Duchess of Connaught are delighted to announce that they have named their son, Philip Fabion Charles Emmanuel, and daughter, Antonella Philipa Elizabeth Frances.

The babies will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Philip of Connaught and Her Royal Highness Princess Antonella of Connaught.

📷 by The Duke of Connaught

View all 237,992 comments

===•===

The Duchess of Connaught reveals details about her pregnancy

Two weeks after giving birth to the first royal twins to be born in modern British royal history, Princess Katalina is revealing her pregnancy journey.

Duchess of Connaught says she was "selfish" for the first time in her life while she was pregnant with twins Philip and Antonella.

"'I love doing things for you; if I'm not cooking, then I'm picking out a shirt. But this is the first time in my life where I'm just going to be a little bit selfish,'" she told The Duke of Connaught, "'I don t know if I'm going to have kids again, so I want it to be a beautiful experience. I don't want to have any drama. I want to just be smiling every day.'"

As for the moment she realized she was pregnant, she reveals, "I had just came back from a walk with The Queen, the late Duke of Edinburgh and David, I felt a flutter. The weirdest little ... flourish. I just knew to go and take a pregnancy test and it was positive!"

As for the names of the twins, she said that Philip and David picked out the names, "The Duke of Edinburgh was my godfather, so he was one of the many important men in my life, but he told us that he wanted another Prince Philip running around, so when he found out that we were having twins, he also asked for Philipa, so once we knew the gender of the twins, David figured out the names and also wanted to honor my grandmother so we made her name; our daughter's first name, which was Antonella,"

===•===

Princess Beatrice Gives Birth to a Baby Girl

The newest royal baby is finally here!

Princess Beatrice has given birth to a baby girl, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Beatrice and husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi said they were "delighted" to announce their newborn's arrival Monday morning via Twitter.

"So delighted to share the news of the safe arrival of our daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. Thank you to the Midwife team and everyone at the hospital for their wonderful care," she wrote.

An official statement released by Buckingham Palace echoed the same sentiment. "Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are delighted to announce the safe arrival of their daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. The baby weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces. The new baby's grandparents and great-grandparents have all been informed and are delighted with the news. The family would like to thank all the staff at the hospital for their wonderful care. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well, and the couple are looking forward to introducing their daughter to her big brother Christopher Woolf," it read.

Members of the royal family quickly shared their congratulations with Charles, the Prince of Wales, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall tweeting, "Congratulations to Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi on the happy news of the birth of their daughter."

The infant is the Queen's fourteenth great-grandchild and the second grandchildren for Beatrice's parents, the Duke and Duchess of York.