4.The Calm Before:

Wayne

The anger coursing through my veins was consuming. The room was pin drop silence,and I could smell their fear rolling off them in waves. That made my wolf feel even more powerful, and keeping him in was surely getting harder by the moments.

I couldn't come to terms with their decision. Not in this one. They had taken it too far. When the council called for me, I thought it was a debatable issue. But I was in for it for what I got.

Alpha,the pack....

Alpha, the future heir...

Alpha,the ......

At first,I just stared off at them blankly until I heard one voice,which I had known so well, that had voiced out loud what the others were too cowardly to say.

Alpha, the Luna.

I whipped my head so fast that I thought I could have whiplash. I glared at the old man. It was Raymond's father, who happened to be my father's Beta.

"What did you just say, Hillax?"

Bravely,he stood up and faced my direction. I had to say,I admired him,for getting the nerve to stand up and voice his thoughts. When my father was alive, he was like a burning whip when it came to pack business.

Commanding,Accurate, Composed.

"As you know Alpha, the future of the pack lays in your hands and the decisions you make might affect us greatly. You are twenty five years old now,having led this pack to stability for seven years. We appreciate your effort for this far you have brought us singlehandedly and we shall always be indebted to you. But Alpha, right now,the pack greatly needs a Luna,who will help you to rule the pack better, and create a good relationship between you and the pack. She will also help,alongside with the current Beta,to point out some issues that have been ignored ever since......"

"Enough Hillax !" I growled. If he continued speaking, I would do something I would regret. I would tear him to shreds.

"This pack is my business alone. I will not have a female,rule this pack with me. I will not sit down and let any female ruin what I have been training to do since I was born. This pack doesn't need a Luna,understood!" my voice boomed across the room as I finished.

Silence.

Silence..

More silence...

Again, Hillax rose from his seat. The nerve of the old man. Perhaps my calm composure made it look like I was relaxed,when in reality, I was a bubbling volcano inside,churning with anger,waiting to erupt at any moment.

"With due respect Alpha, when your father was Alpha, he understood the importance of the Luna in the pack,to the extent of marrying the daughter of the Gamma of Silver Crown pack,who by the time was a very powerful wolf and would bear a powerful heir to this pack,and your father,even though she was not his mate,took her in. Both were able to  lead the pack to become unbeatable and kept the pack's pillars stronger than ever. That is why Alpha, please, for the sake of our pack,you should attend the annual Mating ceremony, which will take place in Midnight Crescent pack. This time, only five Alphas and the pack's own Alpha will be there,alongside with all their unmated males in their respective packs to look for their mates among the females of the pack. If they,the Alphas, don't find their mates,they are allowed to pick the daughters of the wolves with the highest rank in that pack. If you find your mate,it will be easier, and you will not have to pick anyone's daughter. But if you don't, then you might pick,the daughters of the highest ranked wolves from any of the attending packs you wish to pick from. Given your reputation in the other packs it will be much easier for you. This way,we will strengthen our pack more,and produce a suitable heir to the pack after your departure to the moon. That's all Alpha."

Murmurs surged through the room. Unfortunately, what Hillax had said made complete sense. Sometimes,I hated that I came up with the idea of the council. They were very experienced and greatly helped me in dealing with pack matters efficiently. On the other hand,they would oppose some of the decisions I thought best fit for the pack. Though, their opposition was positive and directed at the wellbeing of the pack, sometimes it made me feel powerless and unstable, a feeling I loathed passionately, ha! Thanks to dad,I scoffed. I put my poker face on,any traces of anger melting away. I saw looks of relief on the pack's faces. I needed to think this over,I couldn't give them a definite answer right away. It was too soon. Not yet.

"Okay,Hillax,thank you for the piece of mind,I gladly appreciate it. I now totally understand your point of view. However, don't expect an answer right away, I need time to think through this."

"Yes Alpha," he replied with a slight bow. If there was one person I admired,though I would never admit it to anyone was Hillax Spinner. Apart from training me together with the former Gamma,Connor Jadens and my father,he stood up for me against my father's brutality during training, when he would push me too much,that I prayed for death every waking day. At the thought of that bastard, I closed off my thoughts before I could let Xander,my wolf,out to kill.

"Alpha," Hillax began to speak again, removing me from my reverie,"the ceremony, I forgot to tell you, is in six days."

What! Only six days! I had to think and think fast.

"Okay Hillax, thank you,"  I replied,putting my poker face intact,and my eyes straight. Not a dent would I expose. Word spread in twisted forms in my pack. Not that I did mind really,but I didn't want to busy myself with what the pack thought about me. I knew I was feared but that was small bullshit I wouldn't  care about. The tidbits and snippets of the pack was their business. My major concern was at managing it.

"Council, meeting dismissed."

I walked out of the room, a dull headache probing my head. I knew I had to rest, but pack business was my first worry.

Ah! The paperwork!

I cussed in my head. I walked into my room and before I knew it, I was passed out on the bed, with the image of a beautiful girl with stormy grey eyes,and short blonde hair,haunting my dreams.

 I walked into my room and before I knew it, I was passed out on the bed, with the image of a beautiful girl with stormy grey eyes,and short blonde hair,haunting my dreams