2.Accepting the Unknown.

Ava

My wolf ran faster and faster into the woods. This time,she was running not out of bliss and happiness, but because she was getting angry and anxious by the minutes. She was stressed and no matter how hard I tried to persuade her to calm down,all she let out was a growl of anger. But I did not complain.

She deserved to be angry.

If there was one thing that Skylar desired more than anything else in the world, was her to finally meet her mate. I would feel her stir inside me once the thought of our mate came to my mind,and she yiped gleefully like a teenager who finally got her crush to notice her.

But because of some silly tradition, she would be forced to go mate with a wolf who wasn't her mate,and even worse,an Alpha.

A bloody fucking Alpha.

That thought angered her more and she let out an angry growl as she continued to run further into the forest. I didn't stop her. I knew where she wanted to go anyway.

Slowly,she slowed down once she reached our spot. She took slow steps and lay on the lush green grass to cool down and find her breath. I just sat still in the back of her mind and together,we admired the scene before our eyes in silence.

The sky was beautifully adorned with blues,pinks and oranges at the end of the horizon,where the sun was setting,blazing gently its last rays for the day. Amber and magneta and an elegant light blue feathered stronger away from the sun,with the early stars of the night already twinkling.

The birds chirped melodiously, retiring for their nests amidst the willow trees. A few steps from where we lay was a beautiful stream, that gugled delightfully with the last rays of the sun shining upon its waters,that it looked like a thousand broken crystals rested in the flowing waters,with a golden dazzle illuminating the surface.

The air was fresh,and a gentle breeze swept across the forest as the last remaining clouds hovered away. Nature's children were going to sleep and await the blaze of day rule the black of night,which was slowly nearing by,and awake with love for the sun.

It was peaceful...

Harmonious.

Skylar and I sat still,and gazed into the glowing horizon.

Soon the blue autumn sky, shifted to a radiant red,then the black of night.

The moon was now up in the sky,gleaming softly upon the creatures of the night.

Us.

Her children,

The wolves.

As I kept my eyes trained on the now starry night,my wolf, Skylar spoke to me.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

I followed her eyes that were now on a particular star. It was in the middle of the twinkling lights, and twinkled brighter than ever. It was large and white,and for a moment,I wished I was the star
That for once, I would never have to worry about living the troughs of life - but just twinkle even though be small, but graceful. But the truth was, it would always be a fantasy that would never become real,just to remind me of my existence in the life force of the universe.

I had no other choice but to face reality.

Wolves don't whimper, they growl in bravado, even when the enemy around seemed like a god, or a mountain of power.

And at that very time, my eureka moment finally dawned on me.

I knew what to do.