2.Little Angels

[[2.Little Angels]]

[[3rd Person's POV]]

Paulo and Kara, who had frantically made their way to San Andres Police Station, had quickly asked for help from one of the police officers to look for anything about the Soragon family, like many other people had done once they reached that station. Luckily, the pair had been quite close with the family, and had even asked Miriam and her family to come live with them many times before, but the offer had always been stubbornly refused by the couple, as they were filled with hope that they could find a much better way to get out from their current situation without the help of others.

However, going back on topic, since the Sulivan couple had been close and had kept in touch with the Soragon family, they clearly knew how each of the members of the family of four looked like, to which they had used to look for them right now. And the search was quite fast, since the description they had of both Jasmine and Julie had helped a lot.

You see, Jasmine and Julie had unique features, with both of them having Poliosis, a rare condition with a decrease or absence of melanin (or color) in head hair, eyebrows or eyelashes. Otherwise known as a “Mallen Streak”, and both of them had a streak of white hair, something that should have been impossible, since the chances of having not one, but two having the condition was quite unbelievable. And not only that, Jasmine had eyes that couldn't possibly be natural, and she was born with them.

Jasmine had heterochromia, a rare condition, but is something adults could easily accept -children would surely bully her for having different colored eyes, so the focus were on adults-, however, the unbelievable thing was the she had one deep purple colored eye, and the other was blood red! The color of her eyes were definitely unnatural, but they had an ethereal quality to them.

But, getting back on topic, Paulo and Kara, with the police officer, were able to quickly find Jasmine and Julie in their tent.

"Jasmine! Julie!" Kara exclaimed, quickly pulling the siblings into her embrace, crying her heart out after realizing that the two were safe. Though they weren't her daughters, she had known the two since they were babies, and had taken care of them a lot of times before.

And Jasmine and Julie, being in the arms of someone familiar and close to them, both had different reactions. Julie, now with her aunt, felt a little bit safer and relaxed, while Jasmine had quickly lost her consciousness after finding out that her sister was safe in her aunt's arms.

Kara, for her part, would have hugged them tighter and made sure to check the girls for any injuries, still not noticing Jasmine knocked out, had a different police officer pushed them out as gently as he could. Said police officer didn't want to ruin such moment, but he felt that having such a moment surrounded by mournful children and elderly wasn't going to be a good thing.

And while Kara was pushed out the tent with Jasmine and Julie in her arms -having two children, a 4 and 7 year old, in her arms were quite tiring, but she couldn't let them go, not right now-, Paulo was speaking with the police officer that had led them to the siblings.

"Paumanhin ah, ngunit ang mga magulang ay malamang namatay. Ang mga tao na pansamantalang kumuha sa kanila ay nag-ulat na natagpuan nila ang dalawa nang mag-isa. At nang tanungin tungkol sa kanila, walang sinabi ang matandang batang babae na si Jasmine(?). Malamang na-trauma din siya. (Sorry to say this, but the parents are most likely dead. The people that had temporarily taken them in had reported that they found the two by themselves. And when asked about them, the older girl, Jasmine, said nothing. She's probably traumatized, too.)" The police officer told Paulo, who now sported a pained expression. He had hoped that his sister and her family were fine and unaffected by the fire, but it seemed that she and her husband were most likely dead. It was a hard pill to swallow, but being in denial wouldn't do good, for him, for his wife, and his nieces.

"Si-sige...kung... -kapag nahanap mo sila... Miriam at John Eliza Sorigano,... tawagan mo ang numerong ito... At kung... (O-okay...just...when you find them...Miriam and John Eliza Sorigano,...call this number...please... And when...)" Paulo trailed off, feeling overwhelmed by his emotions. The chances of the couple being alive was quite low, but he still hoped that they were alive.

"Tatawagan ko ang numerong ito kapag nakita namin sila. At kung hindi namin... (I'll call this number when we find them. And if we don't...)" The police officer put a hand on Paulo's shoulder, sighing sadly, before letting go and going back to the station, the paper with Paulo's number tucked safely in his pocket.

As the police officer went away, Paulo stood in place, fists clenched and knuckles whitening. He really didn't want to think about his sister being dead along with her husband, how the she and Eliza had left their little angels. Speaking of which, once he thought about the siblings, Paulo was filled with a sense of determination. Dead or not, Paulo would have to take his brother-in-law's place and take care of his nieces for now.

Looking around the place, he soon found his wife holding onto the siblings, with both of them fast asleep. Walking up to them, he then began to stroke Julie's hair as he quietly spoke to his wife, "Isakay mo muna sila sa sasakyan. Makikipag-usap pa ako nang kaunti sa pulisya tungkol sa mga ligal na proseso. (Get them in the car first. I'll talk a bit more with the police about the legal processes.)"

Hearing her husband's words, Kara nodded and began to trudge towards the parking lot. Jasmine and Julie were heavy, and they began to feel heavier by the minute. But she still didn't want to let them go, and she couldn't, even if she wanted to, since there was no place to get them to lay on.

Then, as Kara went towards the parking lot, Paulo sighed as he went back into the station.

|1,068|

[A/N: Next chap would be a Timeskip in their childhood.

Also, currently, the year is 2006, but the main starting point would be around 2020s.

Vtubers started around 2010s, but by 2020, there had been 10,000 active Vtubets by then. This is going to be a mix of real life happenings and some supernatural stuff, and for future references, any games, images, music, and other things are stuff that I don't own.]