small break

With a silver tray in both of your hands, you carefully balanced it on your dominant hand before gently opening the door as to not startle your girlfriend.

Your e/c eyes watched as her own focused on the game, ears drowning in the bangs and sound effects of the game with her fingers tapping the keyboard in an aggressive manner. You were sure that they keyboard would be a bit damaged by how hard Rae was pressing it─ and grimaced when your furious girlfriend banged her mouse on her desk with a frustrated huff when her character was killed.

You weren't a gamer, not so much like your girlfriend, but you understand that it can be frustrating at times. Gaming is the brunette's profession, her life─ as well as you but she's too shy to say it out loud ─and you can understand her anger, her pain, her happiness, because you feel all of that when it comes to your own profession.

But when either of you are feeling a bit down because of it, you know you'll be there for one another.

"Rae, darling?" You gently called out and it seemed as if the anger vanished in thin air as the brunette spun around to meet your soft smile and bright eyes. As bright as it is, she can see the worry and she felt guilty on showing too much of her bad side, as she says. She doesn't want you to get worried, after all.

"Darling, you need to take a small break from playing... Valorant?" The last bit sounded like a question since she wasn't sure if that was what Rae was playing.

Rae then only noticed the tray in your hands that made her heart flutter against her chest, and she was careful to remove her headphones and move her (somewhat) damaged keyboard and mouse, for you to settle down the tray. You cooked her her favourites and blushed when you softly kissed her cheek.

The sight of you two being adorable with one another made the chat of Rae's stream go wild, as well as the friends that she plays with. It was mostly Lauren, Imane, and Lily who saw Rae's stream and cheer for their OTP. They are heavily convinced that you two are soulmates, despite being so different with one another.

"Aw─ You didn't have to, honey." The nickname she gave you made you giggle and pamper your girlfriend with kisses and small pecks on her lips, that sent Rae into euphoric satisfaction.

"I know you're stressed these past days, not just this stream, darling. You and I both know that a small break is needed." Rae sighed heavily at your words before giving you a hug, which you reciprocated happily. You were glad that you managed to convince her to at least take a break, especially when she's been playing with a lot gamers for a week.

"What would I do without you?"

"Probably burn down the house." Giggles escaped your lips when Rae pouted and lightly hit your shoulder, leaving you to kiss her repeatedly on the lips, causing a smile to erupt on her face.

"I love you, Rachell." The mic managed to catch your small confession, and made the girls, along with Rae's chat, squeal.

But Rae only focused on you and your words, heart beating wildly against her chest at your words that she would never get tired of hearing.

"I love you too, Y/n."

────────────────────
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

── 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮.
the first imagine: done!

also, make sure to note exhaust yourself and take breaks or rests no matter what.

what did you feel when reading this? did you guys like it?

if so, don't hesitate to vote, and it would be greatly appreciated if you do that, as well as commenting down your thoughts, don't be afraid to follow me as well for more of my books as well as the updates!

i hope to see you again! take care!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋