Part II

'We're at the parking lot. Are you almost done?'

'I don't know. Can you guys come so you get what u want?'

'Sure. What aisle?'

'Produce,'

'Okay. We're going in now,'

"So what seems to be troubling you, Ajarn' Tian?"

"Hi, Doc Nam. Vegetables. What do you want in your hotpot?"

"Did Longtae request for hotpot again?"

"Yup," emphasizing the 'p'.

Nam sighs heavily and it makes Tian smile to know he's not the only person suffering from the whole ordeal.

"Why can't we just have grilled meat or something for once? Week after week it's hotpot. I'm putting my foot down. I want grilled meat,"

"Well, if it's any consolation, he did say he wants barbecue too,"

"Oh? Sure, that works too,"

"But it's gotta be just one, guys. I'm putting my foot down. It's gotta be hotpot or barbecue. That's it,"

"Barbecue!" Nam exclaims.

Longtae runs from the other side of the produce aisle, chanting all the way "Hotpot! Hotpot!" garnering the attention of other shoppers.

"Tae! You're embarrassing us!" berates Dr. Nam.

"Okay! Okay. I got it. Let's do it this way. We take turns. Every week, we take turns deciding on what we eat that week. Deal? Does this pacify everyone?" Tian suggests. He looks at his friends, waiting for their response.

Dr. Nam looks like he already agrees meanwhile Longtae is pouting.

"Deal!" Nam says. And they both look at Longtae who is still pouting.

"What the hell is your problem?" Nam asks.

Longtae folds his arms in front of him, "I want hotpot."

"No. We already had a hotpot last week. And since I'm the host, I decide that I'm going to start the agreement. I get to choose this week,"

"Exactly! I knew we won't be getting hotpot,"

"Well then sit down, and wait for your turn," Dr. Nam says teasingly.

"Okay! And this week, by the power vested in me, declare we're eating grilled meat!" Tian says smugly.