Chapter 1

Reed's outfit

Reed's outfit

Kieran's outfit

Kieran's outfit

Reed's POV

I ran up behind Kieran and smacked him on his head.

"Ow," he said, turning around to glare at me.

I smiled at him as I turned towards the girls he was talking too. Belle and Izzy. Both their names were actually Isabelle and they thought that was the best thing in the world. Ever since kindergarten they were inseparable and shared everything, even their undying hate for me.

I turned to look at Kieran. Our eyes met and I asked him in my head, "What're you doing with these bimbos?"

He gave me that cheeky grin that all the girls fall for and turned back to dumb and dumber.

"So you'll come, right?" Izzy asked him.

"Yeah I'll come."

"Yay, we can't wait to see you there, Kier. It'll be so much fun," Bella said.

Kier? I was the only one who called him that. Whatever, I could care less.

They walked away giving me the "up down look." I brought my right hand up and slowly raised my middle finger. Izzy rolled her eyes at me and dragged Bella away.

"So where are you going? Can I come? Does your girlfriend know?" I questioned him.

He sighed and turned toward me. "I'm going to a party. I don't know. And yeah she does. She's actually coming with me."

I let this information sink in. Not the girlfriend stuff. The fact that he didn't know if I could come or not. Usually he just said 'Sure, if you want to.' I'm also fairly sure that he never really asked so why was this any different? Did he not want me to come?

I gave him one last glance and headed toward my first class, these thoughts fresh in my mind.

time skip to after school

As the last bell rung, I stretched and grabbed my bag. I headed out the door and toward the front of the school in search of Kieran. He was by his car talking to Belle and Izzy

"-Not bring her, Kier." I heard the end of Belle's sentence.

"Bring who?" I asked them.

Izzy turned toward me and pointed her finger in my face. "You. No one wants you there."

"Yeah," Belle continued. "I'm still confused at how you two are even friends. I mean, Kieran is perfection and you, you're disgusting. Just do us all a favor and don't come to the party."

I turn to Kieran, waiting for his response. "You're not going to say anything?" I ask him.

"Look this is a really important party for me. I get to introduce everyone to Valerie. I can't risk losing the invite, Reed. You understand, right?"

I raise an eyebrow at him. Is he serious right now? He's ditching me to go to a party.

I turn and walk to my motorcycle. If he wants to ditch me to go to some petty party, then I'll have fun too.