𝟏𝟒 → 𝐃𝐀𝐃

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

❝Dad❞

Atsumu was still sitting alone, but he could hear the sounds of his kids. That was odd for Atsumu to say, his kids.

It hadn't fully registered for him that he had kids, he found out not too long ago anyway. 

"Atsumu," you said from behind him. 

He turned his head to see who was calling him, even though he knew who it was. When he turned, he saw that the twins were with you, and you were standing with them.

"Yeah?" Atsumu replied to what you had said.

You had moved the twins in front of your body. The two were holding hands, both of them were nervous about meeting Atsumu, their dad, properly for the first time. 

"This is Akio and Akira," you said, introducing the twins once again.

Atsumu was just quiet, staring at his own flesh and blood. The twins that you had raised alone, but he had already begun to fall in love with them.

Atsumu got up from the couch, moving closer to the twins. The two still held their hands together, not letting go.

Supporting each other in this case.

Atsumu bent down and spoke softly,

"Hi," Atsumu said with a smile on his face. 

You just stared at the twins, not knowing how they were going to react with their dad in front of them.

"Dad?" Akira asked softly.

In this case. Akira was the one who was shy when it comes to meeting with him. Akko was protecting Akira as best as he could. 

"Yeah, I'm your dad," he said softly again, seeing his son and daughter with as much love as he could muster. 

Akira moved closer to Atsumu and tentatively gave him a hug. Atsumu was breathless, feeling one of his kids in his arms. He squeezed Akira in his arms slightly, not allowing himself to believe that she was actually in his arms. 

"Nice to meet you dad," Akira said softly while still hugging him.

Her voice is soft and perfect for Atsumu. He loved his daughter already and was ready to get to know her.

"Nice to meet you to Akira," Atsumu said. 

That was when you noticed that Akio was not making a move to talk to Atsumu. Instead, he crossed his arms in defiance and huffed.

You looked at him and said to yourself,

"Hm," you hummed. 

You moved closer to where Atsumu and Akira were and spoke to Akio. 

"Akio, this is dad," you said with a small smile on your face. 

Akio was still not moving closer to Atsumu.

"Then where has he been all this time?" Akio asked you. 

You didn't know how to answer what Akio had asked you. Though, you decided to tell him the truth. 

"He just found out about you," you said with a smile on your face.

You were trying to coax him to at least talk to Atsumu. But you knew that would be really hard to do.

"Mommy, I can't say yes to this," Akio said.

Akio has felt a sense of responsibility since he understood that his dad was not in his life. Akio proclaimed himself as the man of the house, protecting both his mom and his sister.

"Okay baby, I know it will take you time," you said softly to him.

Akio nodded and then asked if he could leave the room. You nodded and he walked away from the meeting between Akira and Atsumu. 

"Akira, go to your brother," you said.

You didn't want to interrupt the two, but Akio needs Akira. 

Akira nodded and replied, 

"Yes mom," Akira said. 

She waved at Atsumu and Akira left the area. 

"Atsumu, Akio doesn't like you," you said with a sigh. 

"He's a kid and I haven't been with him, I understand," Atsumu replied with a smile, still feeling happy with meeting with Akira at least. 

It was silent between the two of you, and then you asked him. 

"So, now what?" You asked Atsumu, not wanting to go too fast with his relationship with your kids. 

"How about I babysit next weekend? Give you a break for a couple hours," Atsumu said. 

You nodded at what he said, and then replied, 

"Sure," you said. 

The two of you walked to the door, and just as Atsumu was about to leave, he turned back to you. 

He moved ahead and gave you a hug, taking you by surprise, but you accepted it. 

"Thank you for allowing me to be a part of their lives,"  Atsumu said softly in your ear.

You nodded again this shoulder. 

"You're their dad, they need you," you replied back.

He pulled away from you and left, and even though you didn't want to admit it, you didn't hate the hug he gave you.

--

FORGOT TO PUT AN AUTHOR'S NOTE!!! WHAT?!?!

Don't know if anyone saw my comment saying that I'm gonna update again! Tell me if you do! <

3Sorry about that T_T

I just wanted to ask you guys after this Haikyuu book, most people wanted:

1. Kenma

2. Sugawara

3. Suna 

4. Sakusa 

So I might have ideas for some of these, so please comment next to the fic you want me to write next!

I love you all soo much! <3