Chapter 3 - Out of the Frying Pan

Today was a really torturous day as he participated in today's Glee club session. Santana kept sending him flirty looks, he was distracted by the beautiful angel that was Quinn and he had couldn't even go home to rest afterwards because he had to spend the next 3 hours at his job in the library. He had so much on his mind that the choreography that Mr. Schue was teaching were the least of his worries.

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step and step. Step and step. And turn it around. Down and up. And hit, hit down hit." Mr. Schue said as he guided the class into the routine.

"Can we stop, please?" Rachel requested, having enough of the bland choreography.

"You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel. You can just go." Mr. Schue replied,  thinking that was what she was asking about. 

"It's not my bladder. It's the choreography."

"Okay, what's wrong with the choreography?"

"It sucks."

:::

"It sucks." Quinn told Rachel.

"It's completely unoriginal." Santana added.

"Are you guys going to get shunned for talking to me?" Rachel questioned.

"Sweetie, we're a team now. But you've got to do something about Mr. Shue's dance routines." Quinn explained.

:::

"We can't compete with vocal adrenaline with these steps. You're a great vocal coach, Mr. Shue, But you're not a a trained choreographer. That's what we need to be the best. We need Dakota Stanley." Rachel told Mr. Schue

:::

"He's the best show choir choreographer in the midwest. He works with Vocal Adrenaline." Quinn explained to Rachel

"You can't take regionals without him. He was the understudy to the candelabra in beauty and the beast on broadway." Santana continued.

:::

"Just because he understudied doesn't mean he ever performed." Mr. Schuester retorted.

"Did you ever perform, Mr. Schuester? After high school. Did you even try?" Quinn questioned.

=====

It was agony for Ethan West as the weeks went by. What he hoped was just a bad nightmare was slowly becoming reality as the Unholy Trinity integrated themselves fully into Glee club. Ethan was getting more used to Quinn's presence but it also had the inverse effect of making him more infatuated with her. Her smile was that of an angel's, her movements graceful and any time she got too close his face would burn.

While this was happening Santana made it her mission to be as provocative as possible to Ethan. Whether it be a cheeky wink or an innuendo, Santana would continue to flirt with Ethan who was very slowly warming up to her. While most would find Santana's insults cruel and her attitude bitchy Ethan actually enjoyed it in a weird way. Her insults he found not only creative but witty considering how fast she could come up with them and her attitude wasn't the worst once you pushed past it.

"We need to talk." Ethan addressed Santana. The two were currently at her locker where Ethan finally cornered her for a chat.

"What's there to talk about?" Santana questioned.

"The makeout we had in Celibacy club, the more I think about it the more I realize that what happened was a mistake." Ethan explained.

"Oh. And why was it a mistake?" Santana asked him.