Chapter 16

We were all talking about The Christmass ball this sunday, Riley and Scott are planning to stay for 3 weeks since it is winter break. Talking about who are is taking who to the ball when I get a phone call, reaching fo my phone that was placed on the nightstand I quickly looked at the caller I.D. Jasons goofy face showed up on the screen making me internally smile, Jason is my guy bestfriend.

We met when we were all 12 in the 7th grade, Jason has always been a big flirt but we have never thought of eachother like that. He is more like a big brother than a friend except we talk about boys or girls and who we might like or want to fuck, but he can get overprotective when someone disrespects one of us.

Answering the phone I could already sense the smirk on that black, messy, haired boy with his emerald green eyes gleaming with mischief. "Sapphire, how are my favorite girls?!" I heard his deep voice say making me chuckle at how silly he looked with his hair short fluffy hair tied into small loops.

"Their doing ok, Sophie is going through a complicated non-breakup." I answered trying to figure out how to explain her situation with my brother. On the other end I can hear him chuckle making me join in on how awkward I sounded trying to make my sentence as normal as it can be.

"Of course she is, hey I just want to ask before I forget. Knowing you I am guessing you dont have a date and of course as you handsome best friend I would love to escort you to the ball!!!" He looked at me with his most charming smile trying to win me over, shaking my head at how immature he could be I quickly answered.

"I would love to go with you, but just know I was only going to go by myself because I don't need a date." I said with a confidently hearing him laugh at me as I did a dramatic hair flip. He replies with a chuckle in his voice,

"No you do not, Sapphire!" the nickname 'Sapphire', he gave it to me when we first met because as he said 'my eyes are as blue as a sapphire stone' which made 12 year old me blush but soon stopped as I got to know the goofy emerald boy on the screen in front of me. 

"Well I will see you Sunday then, and I will update you soon Hot shot!!!" I said before hanging up. Walking over to the girls, I sat onto the bed next to Liv watching everybodys attention turn to me.

"That was Jason he was calling to ask how we were." I tell them nonchalant as they all nod in response. As I was moving next to Riley I could hear my stomach grumble that caught everyones attention.

I blushed in embrassement since it happened infront of Riley, they all just laughed when they saw me freeze. Riley turns to me with a big grin on her face, watching her stand up and walk towards the door.

"Well lets go get some food since I assume were all starving." she says opening the door wide enough for us all to run out through. We all grined at her as we ran towards the kitchen, all at once run in only to find all the boys.

We all stopped halfway through making each other bump into one another, seeing their attention turn to us. "Hola!!!" Sophie says with a wide grin before Lilac runs in with Riley behind her. Riley walked over next to Scott, smiling at the boys I saw Scotts arm wrapp around her waist pulling her into a tight embrace.

They look so comfortable together even though they say their just 'friends',  anyone could see they have feelings for each other. The way they look at each other is like they forget everyone around them and its just the two of them. Smirking at Scott, he scowls at me making Riley hit his shoulder whispering something in his ear. I watch him pout at her before whispering something back with a smug look. She turned bright red narrowing her eyes at him, as she turned her attention back to the room smiling at the boys.

"Hey I am Riley, Scotts friend!!!" she introduces herself to the boys, smiling at her they all smirk towards Scott. He rolled his eyes at them with an annoyed expression before looking over to Riley, he gives her a boyish grin.