Chapter One

This short story will be mostly based on Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire... and Twilight. Knowledge of either these two books - or movie versions will help one to understand.
This is an on-going story. I don't know why it says Published. This story will most likely have many errors and mistakes. I try to proofread... but can't catch all my own mistakes. Feel free to let me know about my grammar errors.

A Visit With Amos Diggory

Amos Diggory was dying. He was still living at the ripe old age of 120. However, Amos was tired... he stayed tired. He was ready to reach the great beyond of forever sleep.

His house elf, Ling-Ling, was forever at his beck and call. Ling-Ling, who loved her beloved master, wore a flowery pillowcase for her clothing.

Friends and family had dropped by... bringing flowers, food, and tonics to Amos. Ling-Ling knew that they were saying their final farewells to Amos. She had heard a few visitors mumble to each other... that it was sad. Sad that Amos' only child had died in the Tri-Wizards Tournament so many years ago.

Ling-Ling heard all the "It's too bad about Cedric." "It's sad that Amos lost his only boy... then eventually his wife... now he's all alone."

But Ling-Ling knew better... however, it wasn't her place to speak of such matters, so she always remained silent.

Harry Potter had held back... staying near the end of the well-wishers because he wanted his farewell to Amos to be private.

Although Harry was getting quite old himself... he still appeared decades younger than what he was. The stronger a wizard's magic was... the longer he remained healthy and youthful looking. Harry knew that there would come a day that his powers would weaken... along with his body.

Practically everybody was gone... this was good so that Harry could bid farewell privately. Harry watched as a fat priest left Amos' room

When Harry walked inside Amos' bedroom he saw different types of clocks with the times of the United Kingdom as well as the United States. In one corner was a huge grandfather clock. Harry couldn't help but notice the framed picture of Cedric riding a broom as he waved and smiled. Harry felt choked up.

But Harry was pleasantly surprised that Amos Diggory looked so well. Amos was lying in the center of his bed, drinking butter-beer and appeared as content as he could be... while Ling-Ling ran about readjusting Amos' pillows and quilts.

Harry felt uncomfortable... but Amos smiled at him... then Ling-Ling placed a chair beside the bed.

Amos raised his butter-beer as a toast and said, "To the boy that lived!" Then he took a huge swig of his drink.

Harry wasn't sure if Amos was referring to the time when Voldemort attacked him as a baby. Or during the Tri-Wizard's Tournament... when Cedric was killed. Harry would forever feel responsible for the death of Cedric, who was the only child of Amos Diggory.

"Sit, Harry," Amos said, "I had a feeling that you were going to drop by for a visit."

Harry sat down in the chair that Ling-Ling had provided. Harry felt as if his throat was dry... he found it difficult to utter a word.

"Ling-Ling," Amos spoke to the house-elf, "Please get Mr. Potter some butter-beer... he sounds parched."

Ling-Ling went away to do as her master ordered.

"Please" Harry managed to croak with his voice... "I had to see you again to..."

Amos interrupted Harry's speech and said, "I know perfectly well why you're here. It's because I'm dying and you want to apologize."

Harry looked down at his hands... he felt his cheeks grow hot with embarrassment.

Harry managed to mumble, "You don't know for sure that you're dying... or that you're going to die anytime soon."

Ling-Ling approached Harry... then gave Harry his butter-beer.

Amos looked kindly at Harry and said, "Harry, all that business with the Tri-Wizard's Tournament is over with. It's in the past..."

"No," Harry said, "Cedric is dead... It all happened because of me!"

Amos looked pityingly at Harry, then said, "Harry, I have to tell you something. Information that you'll need to know so you won't keep blaming yourself for the loss of Cedric.

Harry's brows shot up and he gave Amos a questioning look.

"Harry, did you know that Professor Sybill Trelawney is my second-cousin twice-removed?" Amos asked.

Harry gave Amos a puzzled look and said, "I'm sorry... but I don't think I understand."

Amos gave Harry an understanding smile then said, "Sybill and I were practically raised together. We sort of stuck together as kids because we were both black-sheeps of the family."

"I know many people saw her as a fake or a fraud, but Sybill actually had the power of prophesy," Amos confided.

Harry thought back many, many years ago, when Sybill Trelawney had gone into a stupor and had made her own prophesy about himself. A prophesy that was true.

"Sybill was Cedric's godmother and held him during his baptismal ceremony," Amos said.

Harry nodded. Although he and most wizards were unbelievers... some of the old families such as the Diggory's, Malfoy's, Greengrasses, Parkinson's, Trelawney's still clung to their ancient catholic faith.

Amos continued, "When Sybill held Cedric during the baptism... she began to shake... her eyes began to roll back... then she said that Cedric would become a very powerful wizard... and that someday he would marry a Clearwater girl.

Harry nodded vigorously, "I remember when Cedric was dating Cho... it really made Penelope Clearwater very angry and upset."

"Yes," Amos spoke rapidly. He began to cough and Ling-Ling was up on the bed all at once. She had a small bottle of tonic, which she opened... then poured it down Amos' throat.

After a few minutes Amos could speak again.

"Yes," Amos spoke again. "Many people believed that Cedric would eventually marry a Clearwater... most assumed it would be Penelope Clearwater."

Harry Potter took a shockingly deep breath and said, "If Trelawney made a prediction that Cedric lived and later married... then it should have been impossible for Cedric to have died!"

Amos grinned at Harry and said, "I agree with you Mr. Potter." Amos glanced at one of his clocks, and then said, "It's about two hours until midnight. Wait here with me, Harry, and you'll receive your answers."