Chapter Nine

Welcome To Forks

I made fast track as I pedaled the bicycle. I was truly excited about meeting my extended Clearwater Family.

I was amazed at the size of the conifer trees. I don't even think the Forbidden Forest had trees this size. 

After a while I saw a sign that said, 'Welcome To Forks

After a while I saw a sign that said, 'Welcome To Forks.' I paused on my bike and admired the sign. I was finally here!

I pedaled around thru-out the small town until I came upon a diner called Carver Café. Well.. this place seemed like a good start as any. I would think that a cafe would be a good place for information... or gossip... sort of like the Leaky Cauldron.

 I parked the bike beside the cafe and stepped inside

I parked the bike beside the cafe and stepped inside. I wasn't prepared for the delicious smells that emanated from inside the restaurant. I felt my mouth water. The cafe had tables and chairs as well as a bar.

I sat down at the bar and soon a pretty lady wearing a nametag that said 'Cora' approached me.

She smiled at me and took out a notepad and pen and asked me, "What will you have, Hun?"

I was literally starving... for a moment... I didn't think I'd be able to answer her. What could I say to her? Maybe, the truth?

"I'm very hungry... but I don't have any money," was how I answered.

"She gave me a pensive look and said, "Why.... You're nothing but skin and bones! When's the last time you ate?"

I just shrugged to her as an answer.

She put her kind hand over my own and whispered... "Yesterday's special was steak & cheese sandwiches... and I know we have some left.... Let me get them out and warm them up right quick."

Cora left and went to I presume the kitchen. I looked around... the place really wasn't all that busy at the moment. I saw a two police officers talking. One got up and left while the other stayed behind.

Cora returned with a huge steak and cheese sandwich... plus a coke (YAY!). I began to stuff the sandwich into my greedy mouth. It tasted so good. Then Cora put a bag on my place. The bag said, 'Potato Chips.'

I looked over at Cora and honestly said while holding up the bag, "What do I do with this?"

Cora looked at me incredulously and said, "I can tell by your English accent that you're not from around here... but I thought England had potato chips too!"

She took back the bag and simply opened it from the top. I wasn't sure... but I could have sworn the top was sealed. How on earth did she manage to do that? Muggles! They come up with the strangest ideas and inventions.

After Cora handed me the bag I began scarfing down the chips. They were delicious. Why do Muggles get to eat them and wizards cannot! Not fair!

After eating my fill, Cora directed her gaze at me and asked, "Okay young man, who are you? Why are you here?

I told Cora the truth, "I'm searching for some of my extended family. I was told that they lived in a town called Forks."

"What's the name of your family?" Cora asked with concern.

"Their family name is Clearwater. Have you heard of them?" I asked Cora desperately.

I was in desperate straights... I was still a kid... I wanted my mother and father.

Cora just stared disbelievingly at me. She blinked at me... then she smiled and said, "Yeah, I've heard of them. You sure don't look very much like a Clearwater to me," she said.

I smiled back at Cora and said, "I told you that they were extended family... Didn't I?"

Cora looked across the café and said, "Well... one of them just left a few minutes ago. Just come with me."

Cora's gentle hand urged me to get up from the bar-stool that I was sitting upon to follow her. She led me to a table where I had seen the two police officers. One still remained... he had dark hair, brown eyes and a mustache and was reading a newspaper.

He looked up at us as we came to the table.

Cora then said to me, "Cedric, this is our police chief, Charlie Swan."

Then she said, "Charlie this is Cedric."

Charlie looked a bit confused, then he folded his newspaper and the both of us shook hands.

"Nice to know you, Cedric," Charlie said.

Charlie glanced at Cora and said, "Umm... Is there something I could do for you, Cedric?"

"Well you can take him with you so that he can meet Harry," Cora said.

Charlie's eyes grew wide in surprise. He finally asked Cora, "And... why would I do that."

"Because Cedric here says he's an extended family relative of the Clearwaters," Cora said as she smiled at Charlie.