birthday surprises pt. 1

Narrator's P.O.V (or something)

The Baudelaires awoke on the morning of the Quagmires birthday to the sound of footsteps thudding closer and closer until-

"WAKE UP GUYS! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!"

"OUR BIRTHDAY QUIGLEY!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Anyway, gEt uP gUyS c'MoOoOn!"

The still sleepy Baudelaires groaned and slumped their way down the stairs where their friends, along with Sunny and Bea (who had excitedly scampered down the stairs at the prospect of "helping" with opening presents), were excitedly jumping around the living room.

"Alright!" Violet called for order. "If you'll all be quiet, we can do presents then breakfast," A call of hooray sounded from Quigley along with noises of agreement from everyone else (except Klaus who was trying to master the art of sleeping while standing up). "ON ONE CONDITION!: You let me have my coffee first."

"OKAY SURE WHATEVER BABE!" Duncan grinned and motioned for his siblings to go get their presents for each other.

After much running about, the three
returned, each with two presents in hand. Violet returned with her coffee and Klaus asked

"Who's going first?"

"Normally we do oldest to youngest. We'll do our gifts and then you guys can give us yours. So, here Duncan!" Izzie and Quigley handed their gifts over.

"Oooh let's see...I'll open Quigleys first." A quiet 'Yess' and 'Aww' sounded from the other two as Duncan read the card. "Ha. Ha. Very funny, brother." He then beckoned Summy and Bea over. "Do you two want to do the honors?" In reply, the two girls savagely ripped open the paper to reveal...

"You always get us lollies..." He duh through the squirms and jellybeans and pulled out... "Oh! It's one of those question button things!" He pulled out two packages. A groan from Izzie and Violet, who presumably knew how often they'd want to toss the thing across the room because of how annoying it was.

"QUICK KLAUS!" Duncan felt the need to sHoUt.

"whAT!" That woke him up.

"AsK mE a yEs oR nO qUeStiOn! :D"

"Um..." Klaus rubbed his eyes. "Can penguins fly?" Duncan went to press the No button but hesitated.

"...Violet-"

"No." He slammed the No button-"

"nO!"

"Heh. I like them. tHaNkS qUiGlEy!"

"nO pRoBlEmO!"

"Okay, your turn Isadora...Oooh, nice card...Your cards are always the best." This time Duncan savagely ripped the paper open. "iS tHaT a hArRy pOtTeR wAnD???"

"YEAH, IT IS!! DO YOU KNOW WHOSE WAND IT IS?"

"WHOSE???"

"IT'S MCGONNAGALS!!!"

"YOU REMEMBERED SHE'S MY FAVOURITE!"

"YEAH!"

"STOP SHOUTING UNTIL I'VE FINISHED MY COFFEE!"

"SORRY-" The two of them stopped and started to whisper. "Sorry Violet"

"Well, thank you, Izzie!"

"You're very welcome, now it's my turn." They handed her the presents and she went about reading the first card. "Oh my god, Quigley...Okay let's rip it open!" She did so and was immediately bombarded with lollies. "Every year." She grinned and sorted through the licorice bullets and sour patch and pulled out three boxes. "Oooh! Pop Vinyls! Who are they...Oh, it's Steve Harrington! That's so cute...AW AND BEN HARGREEVES!" She flipped over the third one. "Is that- Oh it's Rose Tylerrrrr."

"You like em?"

"Yeah they're great, Quigley! Thanks!!"

"Right time for my gift!" Duncan handed her his box and she ceremoniously accepted. After reading the card, the box was handed equally as ceremoniously to Sunny and Bea who immediately understood and ripped the paper away to reveal.

"oOoOoOoH! One of those light thingies! That projects galaxies and stars onto your ceiling! That's epiiiic...tHaNkS dUnC! YOUR TURN NOW QUIGLEY!

"I HATE BEING THE YOUNGEST!"

"Shut up and open them." Duncan said has he placed his and Isadora's presents in front of Quigley.

"Mkay!" He insisted on ripping them both open himself. Quigley always forgets about the card until after he's opened the present. Dreadful etiquette I know. "OOOOH! ONE OF THOSE SPRAY FAN THINGS!" (it's like a fan and it sprays water as well, i'm aussie and those things are a blessing in summer)

"YEAH! It's cool right?"

"tHaNks! Mkay, Duncan..." He opened it up and looked confused for a second. "Is this...a book on...mushrooms?

"Yeah, so you can impress mushroom girl on your next date!" Quigley was silent.

"Oh. Thank you. I- This is actually good..." Violet and Klaus, we're definitely paying attention now. Klaus leaned forward.

"Hold up. Spill the beans, c'mon..."

a/n

OKAY SO SORRY THIS WILL BE A TWO PARTER BC I WANT TO SLEEP!

the next chapter will be a few more gifts and then idk you'll see

THANKS FOR UR PATIENCE, Y'ALL ARE LEGENDARY !! <3

p.s did you catch my heathers reference?

769 words

:)