Chapter 8

Three days later…….

Three days have passed since the day when little Jangmi had left home on her own to search for her Mommy, making her father scared for his life because it's not an open secret that Jeon Jangmi is Jeon Jungkook's life and losing her means losing his life for Jungkook. 

It's Friday today and after taking off three days, today Jungkook has resumed work. The past three days Jungkook couldn't come to work because he was tending his sick child. Though Jangmi was discharged from the hospital the very next day, sadly the child is still not fully recovered. She still sometimes has fever and the worst part is that she refuses to eat anything including the medicines and keeps crying, asking for her mother whom she had finally found after her little adventure but there was no sight of him after she woke up in the hospital and owing to this Jungkook is very much worried and distressed. 

What added more to Jungkook's anguish is that Jangmi had almost stopped talking after she woke up and found out that her mother wasn't there with her. When she inquired about it to Jungkook, her father tried to convince her that it was all her dream, the time when she found her Mommy only to have her bawling her eyes out and shouting that her daddy was lying to her, that she knew that her Mommy came back to her, that she wants her Mommy back. It has taken a lot of Jungkook's effort to finally calm her, hug her, say all types of soothing words to her, sing her Mommy song and finally promising that he will find her Mommy back for her. Though Jangmi did stop crying after that, she has gone exceptionally quiet. 

Jangmi had hardly spoken anything in these last few days and when she did, she had asked her father only one question, "When will you bling Mommy back daddy?" And this innocent question would shatter Jungkook's already broken heart even more and what made it worse was the sight of his precious princess shedding tears once she would be met with silence as an answer to her question and what would follow was fever. 

Jungkook had asked the doctor, who was attending her, the reason behind the reoccurrence of the fever and the doctor said that it's her body's way of dealing with the grif and mental pain she was going through. The doctor had inquired him that why he wasn't calling Jangmi's mother to come to her child as the little kid is suffering so much because of her yearning for her mother and Jungkook had to tell him everything, from the fact that Jangmi's mother had died when she a just four months old to what all happened after they came to Paris. The doctor felt really sad after hearing about the suffering of the little girl and had suggested Jungkook a way to deal with it. Though at first Jungkook was reluctant to do what the doctor had suggested, after seeing his precious child suffering everyday, he decided that he would follow the doctor's advice and that's why he came to work today. 

Well yes Jungkook did come to office today because he can't forever ditch his work and needs to do the work for which he came here so that he can leave from this place as soon as possible but there's another reason for which he came to office today. It's because he wanted to talk to Kim Vante, to ask for help from him. Jungkook really hopes and prays that Kim Vante will agree to help him. Jungkook would do anything to make Kim Vante agree to help him, if needed he would kneel before the man and beg, he would do anything, just anything to make his precious baby stop hurting and return to her usual cheery self. And with that determination Jungkook had left home and came to office today, leaving little Jangmi in the care of Uncle Sam and Miss Rita, her nanny. 

Today when he was leaving after kissing Jangmi's forehead and bidding her bye, his little princess had looked at him with her big doe eyes filled with hope as she asked him, "Ale you going geth Mommy, daddy?" And after three agonizing days, finally a  smile had bloomed on her angelic face when Jungkook answered "Yes."