Lights Out (Lightning Smolder)

A/N TOLD YOU I'D GET HERE EVENTUALLY
Also, please give me requests! As an aspiring author, it is my job/instinct to ruin your life and make you cry
As such, I write a lot of angst
Give me fluff prompts so I don't ring your life, alright?
Now, ON WITH THE STORY!
***SPOILERS FOR CITY OF GOLD***

Aiden slashed his scimitar through the air, gritting his teeth. Blood stained his clothes, and he grew more worried with every second. They were losing. Around him, the Nairrata were falling everywhere. Hira and Brynne fought back to back, struggling to hold off the asuras. Mini was trying to hold up a sheild over her and Rudy while the Naga Prince was fiddling with some of his gems clearly attempting to create something to help them.

Where was Aru?

Ever since their kiss a few months ago, the two had been keen on avoiding each other. He backed up towards Mini and Rudy, still fighting the demons.

"Have you two seen Aru?" he asked frantically.

Rudy looked up, wild-eyed, and shrugged, before returning his attention to his jewels. Mini's eyes widened as if she just noticed Aru wasn't here. She scanned the field, before her mouth dropped open no sound coming out. Aiden realized that the shield must not allow noise to come out of it. Was Mini... Screaming?

"ARU!" he heard Nikita yell, which effectively gained the attention of all the Potatoes.

Aiden's blood ran cold. Aru's eyes were wide, and she bit her lip till it bled. That wasn't the only thing that was bleeding though. A sword portruded through her stomach, buried to the hilt. Realization hit her face and she collapsed to her knees. Vajra flashed violently, trying to draw attention to Aru.

Aiden rushed to her side and she gasped for air.

"Come on, stay with me, Shah, don't die on me now." Brynne cried as she knelt down next to her.

Mini's rage and greif caused her shield to expand tenfold, knocking all the demons backwards, protecting Aru and the others. Nikita and Sheela had tears streaming down their faces, clutching at each other for strength.

"W-Well... Y-You know? Th-This reminds me vaguely of when Frodo got pierced with Sh-Shelob's stinging thingy. At least I can g-go out in sty-le."

"No." Aiden said firmly. "You're not dying. Not now. Not when we're so close-" his voice broke.

Vajra dimmed a little bit.

"I always wondered what it would be like to die. It's like the whole world's going dark."

"Th-That's not good." Mini said, desperately trying to be normal. "Th-That means you could die! That-That you're going to die."

Aru choked out a laugh. "Didn't need a genius to tell me that. I-I can almost pretend I'm sleeping. Maybe you guys could pretend too?" she asked, before her eyes began to gloss over. "L-Lights out. G'night, guys." she breathed before falling silent.

Mini stumbled, falling backwards into Rudy. Brynne screamed, slamming Go-Go onto the ground which such force, the earth shook. Nikita and Sheela screeched bloody murder, sobs racking their body. Rudy looked dumbstruck (well, more than ususal), and Hira's lip quivered, small sniffles escaping her.

Aiden trembled, brushing back dark locks of hair and kissing her forehead.

"I love you." he whispered. "Good night."

She didn't seem to hear.