calm before the storm

{it is a few weeks before the battle of hogwarts in this timeline}

y/n's pov//

i made my way up to the astronomy tower where i knew he would be.

i sat next to the curly haired boy and stared at the ground, without looking up i had began to speak.

"what are we?" i questioned.

theo took a long inhale from his cigarette before repeating what i had said moments before but in a rhetorical tone.

i looked up at him to see him with the emotionless expression i wasn't used to seeing when it was just the two of us.

here we go.

i knew this wasn't going to be good but nothing could have prepared me for what he was about to say. i looked back down to the cobblestone and swayed my feet along some stone.

"you've got to be kidding me." he said slightly aggravated.

i turned my gaze back up to him and looked at him right in the eyes. they were as cold as ice but i couldn't turn away,
not now.

he huffed and spoke again.
"did you really think i liked you or something?"
he chuckled.

how could he laugh ?
what's wrong with him ?

"pathetic" he stammered.

"fuck you." my voice broke slightly, but with that i got up and tried to get to the stairs before i went full blown breakdown. i couldn't cry not in-front of him, i didn't want to give him the satisfaction, but he persisted and grabbed my wrist. he pinned me to the wall and i could handle it anymore.

a single tear rolled down my cheek.

he looked at my instinctively and came closer, he grabbed the side of my face and kissed me roughly.

as much as i didn't want the kiss to stop i pushed him off.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?!" i practically screamed and ran to the stairs before he could try to stop me again. luckily he didn't follow me.

i wiped my cheeks and made my way down to the main hall. i was full of so many emotions,
rage, betrayal but mostly relief. relieved that all of the heartbreak and mood swings and backhanded love was over with.

as soon as i got to the hall there was a emergency meeting.

i don't remember much after that it's all a blur,

the war was coming, it was coming soon.

i ran to my room and locked myself in my bathroom, i couldn't take any of it any longer. everything felt all over the place. i began to cry, mascara everywhere.

i sat on the floor with my back to the wall, i put my head in my knees and took a deep breath. so wrapped up in my thoughts i hadn't even noticed the knock on the door, but there came another on except this time it was more aggressive. someone barged in and i hadn't even looked up, he put his arm behind my back picking me up slightly.

i looked up to see him, why was he back?

"get off of me!" i yelled.

he didn't stop but instead put me on his lap and gently moved my head into his chest.

i was still crying and he started to calm me down. between the small hushing and him rubbing circles on my back he finally managed an apology.

it was all making sense now,

did he knew the war was coming?

was he trying to protect me by pushing me away?

he picked me up and brought me to my bed, kicked off his shoes, pulled off mine and layer down next to me. he put his arm around my waist and just by how he held me all my previous questions had been answered except for one.

was as in love with me as much as i was in love with him?

he softly pecked my neck and calmly stated,

"i've always thought you were prettiest when you cried"