Lies Aftermath

[SPOILERS FOR 'LIES' - Season 4, Episode 2]

"When I'm ready to see you again, I'll let you know."

Adrien watched as Kagami left the room. He didn't know what he was supposed to be feeling. Sad? Angry? Happy? Things weren't going well between Kagami and him, he could tell. He always had to leave to fight the akumatized citizens of Paris meaning their relationship could never work. Kagami didn't even like the real him because not that long ago, she was trying to draw Adrien and when he acted like himself, she just called him a clown and got annoyed with him.

Adrien sighed and looked down at his hand. There was the bracelet. Marinette's lucky charm. He held it tightly in his grip, now filled with confusion about his feelings. When he was dating Kagami, it felt like he was with a friend. It felt weird but he knew it would make his father proud. However, when he's with Marinette, things feel different. She makes him feel a type of happiness which he never feels around anyone else.

But that doesn't mean anything. She's just a friend.

...Right?

He got up and left the room. Kagami was already long gone so he managed to leave the school. Nathalie was waiting in the car outside which was being driven by his bodyguard. He got in the back of the car and opened his phone. Kagami's Instagram bio was already changed from 'Taken' to 'Single'.

"Is everything okay, Adrien?" Nathalie asked from the front seat.

"Yeah. Everything's great," Adrien said unconvincingly, just looking out of the window, still confused about his feelings.

It wasn't long until Adrien's father found out about the breakup between him and Kagami. He was taking his daily dose of piano practice when his father walked into his room.

"Care to explain why I've received an angry phone call from Mrs Tomoe Tsurugi?" Gabriel asked.

"I'm... not sure," Adrien said.

"Well, she said it's because you and Kagami have broken up," he crossed his arms, "Apparently you've been treating her daughter wrong. Constantly lying and running away from her."

"Well, it's over now, isn't it?" Adrien asked.

"I do not approve of this behaviour, Adrien!" Gabriel responded angrily, "How dare you treat Kagami like that. You will go back to your fencing lessons tomorrow and you will make Kagami your girlfriend again. I want my company to do well and the Tsurugi name can do that!"

"But what about what I want?!" Adrien didn't mean to raise his voice but it just happened.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young man," Gabriel growled, "Don't even ask to go out with your friends. They're a bad influence on you. You will stay in your room until Nathalie calls you down for dinner, you understand?"

"Father!" Adrien ran after Gabriel but he shut the door behind him. To his shock, he heard the door lock as Gabriel walked away from his room. Adrien desperately slammed on the door as his cleithrophobia began kicking in. He hated being locked in his room, yet his father still does it to punish him.

"Nathalie! Father!" Adrien yelled, wanting to leave.

"Just chill out," Plagg said, eating a slice of camembert, "It's not like you leave your room anyways."

"Well at least I'm not locked in my room at those times!" Adrien kept hitting the door before realising it was no use. He stepped back and sat on his bed, his heart racing rapidly. He tried focusing on his breathing even though it was coming out in short gasps.

"Okay, okay," Plagg flew over to Adrien, "You really don't like this whole being locked in your room thing, don't you? Hey, settle down, it's all going to be fine. You're Cat Noir! You're not scared of anything."