19. When He Gets Mad

"Hm, Nate...maybe you can change my perspective back at your place?"

The moment Spencer registers those words, everything that was holding him back, just snaps.

Before you can even try to stop it, you're torn out of the grasp of the man behind you, now in Spencer's reach. You can't see Nate's face, but if you were to turn around—as Spencer pulls you out of his proximity—you would guess he'd look dumbfounded.

You want to feel bad, but the guy was always just a playing piece in your game against Spencer.

"God—chill out Spencer!" you shout, the pounding music drowning out your protests. He continues to pick up his pace through the club, and he doesn't even acknowledge you. The two of you make your way in between the crowded people that fill the dance floor.

You don't want to actually admit it, but how he's acting right now does excite you.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Before you know it, you're passing through the back doors of the club, out to the back parking lot. The cool, night air hits your skin, causing you to realize how much warmer it was in that club.

Spencer finally turns to fully face you, hand dropping from your wrist. "I think I'm past the point of chilling out, Y/N. After I just found you like this. Doing that."

So he did hear me before...

"Doing what?"

"Dressing like this on purpose, grinding against some random fucking guy, saying what you did. All for the sole purpose of pissing me off. I know what you were trying to do."

"Maybe I did mean those things I said." You shrug, trying to challenge him in any possible way.

Of course, you know those words you said back in the club were total bullshit. Obviously, you didn't mean what you said about Spencer to Nate, and you definitely weren't going to have sex with him. Even if Spencer never showed up, you weren't going to. You had no interest in actually fucking some random guy that would probably leave you unsatisfied. Like you said earlier, he was conventionally attractive, but it seemed like that was about it.

Though, just because you didn't mean the things you said about Spencer, didn't mean you couldn't say them. Your goal this entire time was to get him pissed off about something he had a right to be pissed about. And clearly, you were successful in doing that.

"We're leaving. Now. And afterward, you make sure to let me know if you really meant it."

Your heart rate picks up from his words—out of excitement, laced with the slightest bit of fear. You know that Spencer wouldn't legitimately harm you, so the fear isn't stemming from that. It's more so from how he's going to handle you, after what you've previously said and done.

Especially when he knows you purposefully did it to make him mad.

You've seen him get pissed off, but it has never been this genuinely fueled out of your actions before.

So when Spencer reattaches his hand on your wrist, heading in the direction of his car, you don't hesitate to comply. There's no doubt in your mind about leaving with him right now.