Author's Note

Take Over Me IS FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!

This took so so much longer than I intended and wanted it to take. The truth is, in June of 2021, I just fell out of love with Criminal Minds and with that, Spencer Reid. It felt impossible to want to write this story. I never ever wanted it to feel like it was a chore, and that's exactly how it felt. I didn't write anything for so long. Then I finally updated, because I felt motivated again.

I fell out of the writing routine again. But now, it's finally complete.

If anyone feels like the ending was rushed, it was. I had so many other better ideas for this story, and it definitely wasn't gonna be only 25 chapters. It was going to be a lot more conclusive and you were supposed to actually see Spencer and Y/N in a genuine relationship. But that was no longer realistic for me. Unless everyone wanted to wait until 2045 for the final chapter. Because at this rate, that is a realistic timeline...

My point in saying all that is to explain why it took so long and to explain its conclusion. I wish that wasn't the case. I truly had a really amazing time creating this story and writing 90% of it, but unfortunately, I couldn't control the way I no longer loved Criminal Minds and its characters anymore.

In the (hopefully) near future, I will be starting a new story, but it won't include any Criminal Minds characters or anything like that. It's not going to be a fanfic. Just an original story with original characters. I already have the synopsis, characters, and storyline written and planned out. I have so many ideas for it. I just don't know when I will start it, so I'm not gonna promise a specific time frame. I will tell you it is professor and student, but it's not a crazy age gap. She's 22 and he's 30-32 (haven't decided just yet). I do want to write the first few chapters before I publish it, so I can publish multiple chapters at once, instead of just one. 

Anyways, back to this story. It will forever hold such a special place in my heart. I can't lie and say I'm not sad to conclude this. Even if I can't read most of it myself because I get cringed out LMAO. Oh well...

Truly though, it will. It was my first time ever writing something that I cared about.

And even though I highly doubt anyone who read this story when I first started it is still around, I still want to say thank you.

Thank you to them.
Thank you to you.

This story got more feedback than I ever thought it could. Most of all, it was an outlet for me when I so desperately needed an escape. So, thank you to everyone who took the time to read Take Over Me. I'll forever appreciate each person, no matter how many or how little. :)

- J <3