22. Don't Leave

Six gunshots.

One, followed by five in reaction.

Spencer Spencer Spencer Hotch Emily

Though, the shots ring out so quickly it's impossible to truly judge from whose gun and in which order they're shot and hit.

Spencer hopes the three of five shots taken by him were the first to hit and the ones to kill. The moment he registered the very first shot, he didn't even think twice. But God, how he wishes he would have taken those shots seconds—no—minutes prior. He shouldn't have waited. The second that sicko even looked at you, he should have emptied his entire clip.

He hopes that because of the outcome of the first, singular shot.

When any outsider would think about how it probably feels to get shot in the chest, they would think wrong. At least for you, right now, you believe they would think wrong.

They would probably think that the most jarring thing would be the feeling of the bullet piercing your skin, ripping through the tissue, and lodging itself into a vital organ.

But it isn't that.

The most jarring thing for you is the change. The abrupt change.

How in one moment, you're standing here, staring into those evils eyes, looking at the loaded gun in Chris's hands; just trying to remain calm on the outside, whilst being so fucking terrified on the inside.

And in the next, you're hitting the ground beneath you. There's chaos erupting. There's the sound of the guns going off, so much louder in the enclosed space of this warehouse.

You feel this cool feeling coming from your chest. Like a stream of something just coming out. Why is it—cool?

It's blood.

Why is there so much blood?

You feel like you're simultaneously being pushed down with all the force in the world, and being pulled up by an opposing force. But both forces are equally as strong. So you feel so heavy and so light, all at once. And you know, somewhere in the very back of your mind, there's excruciating pain.

But right now, you just don't feel it. Nothing hurts anymore.

You're practically grasping onto the very little bit of something you can feel right now.

Because right now, you hardly feel anything at all.

Although to yourself it feels like an eternity since you hit the ground, it's only been a few seconds. Because as soon as the gun aimed towards you is fired, those other shots are released. And immediately after, Spencer comes to you.

So quickly.

Spencer can't explain the feeling that overtakes him when he finally sees you, as you're lying there on the concrete ground of this warehouse.

Because despite there being other intense feelings about the situation at hand, the only one that matters is the fear. The fear of what's going to happen to you—what is happening to you, right now.

This fear is the worst he has ever felt before.

Hotch pulls out his phone and turns to Emily standing next to him, "Go down the hill so you can direct the ambulance faster when they get here." But she shakes her head, "No, they'll know where to go, the others will direct them. I—both of us, need to stay here with Y/N."

As Spencer races over closer to you, he's frozen. Frozen from what he sees as he looks at your body laying there.

The blood.