﹙vi.﹚dumbass

"She's a runner, She's a track star!"

"Don't do me–" Everette held the solo cup, a smile on her face as she listened to Josh repeat the same lyrics to the stupid tiktok song. There was a little, baby, shot of Don Julio in the cup, everyone taking a little victory shot for Josh's success.

"You don't have to take it," Jalen informed. Yeah, a couple of them were underage, but the shot wasn't anything that would have them acting a damn fool. "Shit, I'll take it for you,"

"Let me breath!" Everette laughed, tossing her head back as well as the shot. It burned, but it wasn't an unfamiliar feeling seeing that she has had her fair share of kickbacks and parties.

"There we go!"

She loved and hated how hype they would get. Loved because it made her feel super comfortable around them but hated because it was over the dumbest things. Either way it made her laugh and that was their goal.

Everyone kind of went back into their own conversations, some radio music playing in the background. Everette pulled her phone out her little pink bag. Her screen was filled with notifications but she chose to ignore them, instead she sent her mother a quick goodnight paragraph, letting her know she was doing fine and thinking of her always.

It was getting harder being away from her mother and sisters. She tried not to think about it as much, but the way she watched all these boys and even London behave around each other, she could tell they considered each other family very well.

"What's up? Why'd you get so quiet all of a sudden?"

Everette turned towards the voice. Josh.

"Just thinking of my family," she sighed.

The day the girls had their evening out, Caleb said something about her being out here alone so it made sense why she would be thinking of them. "Tell me about them,"

It caught Everette off guard but she didn't mind ranting about the people she loved. "Well my mommy is my savior," she chuckled. "Every time I call her that, people look at me like I'm crazy but I could care less,"

"Then theirs Chloe and Halle. I'm the oldest, but to be fair Chloe could pass just because she's so mature mentally and physically and has a strong mindset just like our mom," she explained, then her eyes danced towards Shareef. "She'll be nineteen in the summer but her and Shareef would literally make the cutest couple," she chuckled.

"Then Halle. We're closer mostly because Chloe spent a lot of time with their dad rather then my dad. She can sing her little ass off. They both can, but Halle is just ethereal," she gushed over her siblings. "She's just turned seventeen not to long ago but I think she'd end really end liking Mikey,"

"What about you?"

"Me?"

"Nah," Josh sarcastically dragged out the word.

"Mmcht," Everette gave him a lazy smile. "Um, my name is Everette, I'm nineteen, I play ball–"

"Tell me something I don't know,"

"I guess I'm like into makeup and shit like that. Any type of art, I'm a sucker for music and fashion. Before I started to play ball seriously, I jumped hurdles and ran track,"

"Damn, so you're just the whole package,"

"Something like that," she shrugged.

"Somebody put they phone on the aux, gahdamn," Shaqir was speaking to nobody, pulling his own phone out. He was debating whether or not he wanted to hook his phone up.

"Say less!" London cheered.

"Don't nobody wanna' hear that city girl shit," Mikey just had to say something. "Everette, hook yo' phone up, I wanna roast that playlist,"

"Nigga, my playlist is fire," she checked the percentage on her phone. 73%. Good enough.

They moved the mini speaker closer, giving her some time to connect. "She prolly' listen to Brent Feeyaz and Scissor," Jalen playfully rolled his eyes.

"Boy," Everette laughed at the way he pronounced the celebrity names. "Y'all don't know shit about this though,"

Twisted by Keith Sweat began to play.

"Girl, where have you been all my life!" London cheered, standing up. "Dior fuck you," she began to seduce Everette, and despite shouting the lyrics, she still moved her body sensually to the beat. "Turn it up,"

"This is not what I me-"

"What the fuck,"

Everette struggled to balance her good, but she still took the chance to stand anyway, knowing if she fell, Josh was right besides her as well as Caleb who never left his seat. "So say you want me, make up you're mind!–" she appreciated London for not making her standing a big deal and continue singing the classic throwback.

"Okay, so no more shots for Everette," Caleb mentally noted, if he wanted to make it to any of her future games, she needed to heal properly.

"Nah," Mikey shook his head, "It's obviously healing her dumbass,"

"You calling me the dumbass or her,?"

"Both,"