prologue

A/N<<< This chapter will have time jumps for Kaylee. It will cover when she last saw her brother, Jamey. Then to meeting the Tucker family. This is a new concept for me. So please be patient and kind.

  As you know this story is a sequel to Crazy Butte. A lot of the people from Crazy Butte will make appearances.

  As always, thank you so much for reading! I hope you like it. Leave a comment and or vote.

Lots of love,
Menarhodes!
     ‐---------------------------------
Kaylee's pov***
Age 6***

   "Mommy, why is Jamey staying with his daddy?" I ask my mommy. Jamey is crying for me. I want my Jamey! Mommy doesn't answer me. "I want my Jamey!" I try to pull away and go back to Jamey. Mommy pulls my hair and I fall on the sidewalk, crying. Mommy pulls me up by my arm. I am forced to follow her. Away from my Jamey. I was crying because my heart hurt, I know that I won't see Jamey again. At least for a very long time. My bottom, hand, and arm hurts from falling on the ground. My hand is bleeding, but mommy keeps walking. Dragging a heart- broken little girl. I know that she will be sucking on her special glass bottle later. Then she will have a man over while I hide in a closet like my Jamey told me to.
        -------------------------------------
Kaylee age 9:

  It has been a long time since momma left my Jamey. She has been getting a lot worse with the drugs. She hits me a lot.

    Today she has been talking to someone about me and meth. I don't like what I've heard. I don't know what the connection is between me and her getting her drugs.

  Momma makes sure that I take a bath and wash my hair. Then she dresses me in brand new clothes. I never get new clothes just for me. My clothes are usually given to me by neighbors.

  A friend of momma comes to pick us up and we drive to a hotel. I am usually in bed by now. But momma just told me to shut up and do what she tells me.

  So I stay quiet. I'm still bruised from the last time she was mad.

  There were really mean looking men and women in the hotel room. They start talking about giving momma a grand and for her to leave me with them. They have a buyer coming with money. "Of course he will want a taste. We will tape the scene and make a load off of it."

   It all sounds so scary! I just want to go home! Momma leaves as I am crying for her to take me. She refuses as she is leaving with her friend.

  The women take me into the bathroom and put makeup on my bruises. They take my clothes off and put a nightgown on me. The one called Nina, slaps me and tells me to shut up. I do what I'm told. They put my hair into ponytails and more makeup on my face.

  When we go back to the room, there is a new man sitting on the bed.

  "Come to daddy, baby. Come sit on daddy's lap." I start crying again. Except this time, it is quietly. Nina pushes me towards the bed. The doors open and policemen came in from two directions. One policeman picks me up and wraps a jacket around me. I start crying loud. The policeman tells that I'm safe and he will protect me. I feel so safe with him.

  A couple weeks later, I am taken from the group home and moved in with an older couple. They are my policeman's parents. They are really sad though. I am told that my policeman's brother was killed. My policeman's name is Griffin. They are my new family. Momma and poppa, Griffin and Tara, Lana, Carl, and Trace. I love my new family so much!

  I meet a scary looking man, but I'm not scared of him. Poppa and Griffin call him the governor. Momma calls him Martin. He starts asking questions about me. One day I am asked to let momma wipe inside my mouth with a q-tip. Like the doctors use. Then a few weeks later, Martin comes back with a younger man. I am told that he is my father. I don't like him. He doesn't make me feel safe like mom and poppa and Martin. Then they tell me that Martin is my great-uncle. He is my father's uncle. I am also told that I can't tell anyone that the governor is my uncle. They said that could be dangerous for me. A lot of people don't understand what he does for a living. I don't care what they think. Martin is mine!

   Then Tara and Griffin get married and have kids, lots of them. Lana and Carl have more kids. Momma and poppa change my name to Kaylee Tucker. I just wish that my Jamey was here. I miss my Jamey! I hope that he is safe and happy. Every night when I say a prayer, I say one for my big brother.

  I try my best in school. I get good grades. It is easy when you have nice clothes, good food, and a nice family. Even easier to concentrate on something when you aren't getting hit or hiding. I know that my family are former undercover agents and ran a biker gang for their jobs.

   I also know that my Jamey had been put up for adoption. I've tried to find him. Momma and poppa have helped me. So have Lana and Tara. We can't find him anywhere. His adoption was sealed.
        --------------------------------------
Age 24***

   Kaylee Michelle Tucker! High school valedictorian! Graduate from University of South Dakota, number four in my class! For graduation, I chose to visit Sturgis for bike week. I want to honor my brother Asher, who I never met. He was murdered just before I came into the family. From what everyone says, Asher was an amazing man. His club name was Slasher.

  I'm riding beside Griffin's bike on my precious purple Harley. Tara has all of the kids in her suv. Momma and poppa are ahead of us on poppa's bike, it was Asher's. Carl is behind Tara with Lana on his bike.

  We only live about fifteen miles from Sturgis. We have been to Sturgis, every year for the past eight years. Just not at night. Apparently, it was something that Asher always wanted to do, he just never did. Instead of only staying the days here, we are staying a week. Of course we will leave before next weekend. That's when it gets rowdy. We don't want to expose the kids to that.

  We enter the town and there are bikes and riders everywhere! We go to the campsite that uncle Rock has set up. Our campsite has ten large tents. I will stay in one with all of Griffin and Tara's kids. Griff and Tara will be beside us, separated by a velcro door. Carl and Lana will be on our other side with their kids. Momma and poppa are beside Lana. They said that no gkids are sleeping in their tent.

  The other tents will house Rock and his wife and three sons. Tank and his wife and their daughter. Gage and his wife. Snake and his two kids and old lady. All of our tents surround two empty tents. Those were for a bathroom for girls in one and boys in the other.

  We are greeted by Rock and Gage. After hugs, we put our bags in the tents. I feel someone watching me but don't see anyone when I look around.

  We gather and talk as we start cooking lunch. Tara is still the best cook, but the guys will grill all the meat while we are here. The rest of the gang shows up as we are cooking. As usual, Snake is the last to show up. He is forgiven as he tells us that they will be having another baby.

   I look up and see a man looking at me from across the street. He is sexy from a distance. Another man joins him and they walk away. It's odd, but I feel a pull their way.

  I start paying attention to the conversation around me. Marta,  Snake's old lady asks me about my new job as a child advocate. I've been working since graduation four months ago.

  I am still feeling odd about the guys I saw earlier. I feel like I'm missing something. What the hell is it?