6

I go to my apartment and pack another bag of clothes along with some toiletries. Then I go to a jewelry store at the mall.

    I find the perfect ring and have to order it. The ring will be ready next week. It is a twenty-four carat gold band encrusted with two, quarter carat diamonds on both sides a large square cut sapphire. Then I get a new phone and number from the store next to the jewelry store.

   I have one more stop to make. After getting enough steaks and baking potatoes for the entire family, I ordered a dozen red and white roses to be delivered.

  I open the door to hear my woman laughing with her sisters. Apparently Lana had come by. "Mom, I love that color on you!" Lana said.

  I take the food to the kitchen and see Nick finishing the switch by the sink. "Hey, Nick! You been here long?"

  "About half an hour. I'm just finishing up the first room. There's two switches in here." He points to the wall beside the door. Next to the light switches for the kitchen, dining room, and back yard, is a red switch. The second is next to the sink.

  "Looks good." I put the food on the bar.

  "You doing my niece's grocery shopping now?" He crossed his large arms across his chest as he eyes me.

  "I stopped and got steaks for dinner. I will grill them this evening. Kaylee gets so tired in the evenings. I figured the best way for her to enjoy her family at dinner is to cook here."

  He nods and starts putting his tools back into his box to move to the next room. I go out to the truck to get my bag.

  I put it away and go to find my woman. She has both feet in a foot bath. Tara is painting Lana's fingernails a vivid red. "Good afternoon, ladies. Hi, sweetheart." I bend to kiss my Kaylee.

  "Hello, Logan."
  "Hi, honey!"

   "I brought steaks and baking potatoes for everyone for dinner tonight. Is that alright?"

  They all looked astonished.

  "What? Did I overstep myself?"

    "Not at all! We are just trying to figure out a wedding date."

  "Mom! Stop!" Kaylee said embarrassed. Her face was a bright red.

  "Why? We have been talking about it all morning." Tara asked.

  "When the time is right, I will propose to Kaylee." I kiss her head then go to put up my bag.

  My phone rings with Alex's name. "Hey, Alex! What's up?"

  "Hey, Logan. I have the equipment for that install. I can do it any time that is convenient."

  "That's great! Nick is here now installing the switches."

  "Awesome! I'll be there in ten minutes."

  "See you then. Later!"

   "Later." We hung up and I went to tell Nick then Kaylee.

  I answer the door for Alex and then I play apprentice as he tells me what to do to help him. We are joined by Nick after a while.

  Tara, Gina, and Lana are leaving. "She fell asleep on us. But that's ok. We have to go get the kids from school and be back here for dinner." Lana tells me.

  "I have started the potatoes baking. I'll be back to make them. Kaylee wants twice baked potatoes. So that's what we will have." Tara adds.

  "Sounds great to me. Is she still in the den? Or bedroom?"