03「furnished」

"Wow

"Wow."

You say, surprised by the interior. "It's furnished."

"Yes. My father insisted that he would have furniture placed beforehand so that I wouldn't need to worry about bringing too many things."

"Ah. That's nice of him, isn't it?" You respond, looking up at him to see him nod.

He returns your gaze, keeping his eyes steady on you before the corners of his lips turn upward. You return the look, but not without a warm feeling making its way to your cheeks.

"Wakatoshi-san, let's look around," you say, taking his hand to his surprise, though it is much like he did with you on the Shinkansen. Once he feels a tugging sensation on his arm, he follows your lead, where you navigate to the large glass sliding door across from you.

On the other side of the open space, in the living room, the glass sliding door separated both of you from the balcony; it overlooked the busy luxury shopping street below. You think that Wakatoshi is pretty lucky to get to live in such a nice and lively area, and you begin to get a bit jealous. Not to say that you are starting to regret the idea of staying local, but you imagine trading lives for a day.

You turn around swiftly with a smile of wonder on your face to gauge Wakatoshi's reaction, and it turns out that he already had his eyes on you.

"Wakatoshi-san?" You say, meeting his gaze. "Do you like the view?"

He continues to graze his eyes over your face, and it seems as if he is thinking of how to respond. You are hoping for a yes, as you can already imagine yourself coming to visit him in this apartment from the balcony alone.

"Yes," he answers. "I do."

To that, a grin forms on your face and you notice a smile form on his own, though it was smaller, gentler. Your hand continues to rest on his, and at this moment, you feel a slight squeeze. You replace your grin with a smile to match his as you continue to look at each other, but something catches you by surprise.