➳ introduction

"I wonder: how am I supposed to feel when you're not here? Because I've burned every bridge I ever built when you were here." 

➳ 

I met him in a coffee shop and thought nothing of it. His hair was short and curly, his eyes were fiery and excited, his clothes were tattered with holes, and his personality was as chirpy as could be. I didn't know only a few months later would he be deployed into the army, and I didn't know only a few months later would he rip my heart to shreds. 

Mary O'Niel works at a local coffee shop where she sees people come and go everyday. One day, she meets a boy who changes her life and takes it on a 180˚ spin. His name is Ashton Irwin, and he is trouble. Having gone to military school his entire life, Ashton is getting ready to be deployed to war on a year long tour. But before he leaves, he's able to make his mark on Mary, and she will never be the same again.

➳ 

k so this is a new story i'm gonna be writing & it is not gonna be like dear john but i just had this idea for an ashton soldier story for a while and i just had to get a blurb/idea out there so yeah enjoy :)

p.s. main character is named/based off of @maryissocoollike & her story and so it goes is amazing so you all should check out bc i love her

SHOUT OUT LIKE ALWAYS TO THE CREW WOOP WOOP