➳ four

➳ 

mary e. o'neil 

➳ 

"You first."

"No, this was your decision, Luke."

"But this is our mother, Mary."

"You should have considered that before you stumbled home drunk with a bloody nose. Do you know how many 'where is Luke' texts I've gotten from her in the past half hour?"

"But it's mom!"

"And you're Luke!"

"I physically can't do this."

"Luke."

"I'm gonna throw up."

"If you explain now, the pain will be lessened."

Luke groans, picks up the phone in front of us on the table, and walks into the other room angrily pressing it to his ear. I convinced him to call our mother because she's been worried sick about him but he's neglected to call her back or answer any of her texts based on the fact she will kill him when he gets home. This may be true because our mother is Liz Hemmings, and she is not exactly the understanding type when it comes to these kinds of things.

Never before have I seen a grown man get so scared to call his mother, and Luke is a momma's boy already.

A grueling twenty minutes later, Luke comes back into the kichen and flops on one of the stools by the island. He groans practically slamming his head down onto the granite counter top. I'm surprised he isn't concussed.

"How did it go?" I say quietly holding back laughter.

Luke doesn't removed his head from the table. "Awful," I hear my brother's muffled voice speak up.

"How so?" I keep trying to hold back my laughter, but a small squeak comes through my lips.

Luke lookes up quickly and furrows his brow. His expression went from exhausted to angry in point five seconds. "This isn't funny, Mary," he snickers.

I full on laugh at this point; there's no point in hiding it now. "It is when you're finally the one in trouble for once. You were babied so much when we were kids."

Luke rolls his eyes and stomps off into the bedroom. I chuckle to myself and check my phone. A new message lights up the screen and I slide the phone screen to see the message and possibly respond.

9:13 am

From: Ash aka favorite person ever 

hey sweets what's your address so i can pick you up for the partay tonight :)

So that's what he put his name in as. I can't help but laugh and shake my head. My mind drifts to the bar fight he had with Luke last night. Sure, Luke may have deserved it, after all, nine eleven isn't something to joke with. He was being extremely arrogant, but I'm not a fan of violence in any sense. I swallow back my thoughts. I don't know for sure the guy who beat up Luke was even Ashton in the first place. The only thing I can do is take Michael's advice and look at his knuckles when he picks me up. No way I'm missing this party because Luke can't control his word vomit.

9:20 am

To: Ash aka favorite person ever 

hey loser. nice contact name. anyway, my address is 901 carter lane. it's a big apartment building. you can't miss it!

9:22 am