【Chapter 28】

❝ ... 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞... ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

A soft wind blew past the two flying figures while they talked with each other in boredom. The sun was at its highest hour making the two painfully aware that they were to have to set up camp soon.

"King... what do you think Ban would be doing right now?" (Y/N) asked the relaxed male with a bored tone. King looked over at her and back to his flower crown. "Probably went to do something." King answered back and nuzzled his face closer to her soft white wings.

(Y/N) sighed, "I hope he and Meliodas make up." King looked up to her and smiled. "Me too, those guys were the greatest best friends you would ever see." King laughed, settling the flower crown on top of her head. 

After that conversation both of them stayed quiet, no words being needed to be spoken. King glanced over at the sky and back down at (Y/N) as he watched her scan the ground below for the familiar giant. 

"Hey, (Y/N)?" King whispered to her. (Y/N) hummed in response and continued to look down towards the ground with sharp eyes. King sighed, "Do you think we should go back?" At this suggestion (Y/N) speed faltered but got back quickly. "Why do you say that King? Didn't you want to go and find Diane in the first place?" (Y/N) glanced at him in question.

King nervously smiled at her. "Yes, yes I truly did, but I think Diane should have some time alone to recover." King forced out. (Y/N) expression turned confused. "What do you mean, recover?" (Y/N) questioned him. 

"W-Well... Diane told me that... she wanted to have some alone time to rethink her life choices before she left! Yes, Diane told me that!" King responded, though, by the way he said this I think it was pretty clear on what he was trying to do, though (Y/N), you fell for it.

"Is that so..." (Y/N) whispered. Soon, their position on the air changed as (Y/N) turned back around. "Then I suppose we'll be going back with the others. Seriously, this whole thing was pointless. You even made me talk with Gerheade after so many years." (Y/N) complained. 

King smirked, she fell for it, (Y/N) truly did fall for his lie. He didn't know why he suddenly decided to go back and say that, but he did, and to him, that's all the proof he needs. Diane doesn't matter to him anymore, to him she's just a person in his way towards his true love, (Y/N).

Feeling small arms wrap around her waist (Y/N) glanced over her shoulder only to see King with a happy expression. Smiling, (Y/N) looked back forward and stopped looking down below every few seconds. Things were easier now. 

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ---- •°*"˜.•°*"˜ 

*𝟸𝟹 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛*