A Second Chance (Chapter: 1)

Perspective: Bell
Location: ???

'What in the hell.....' I held my head in my hands, 'Why does my head hurt so much?' I cracked open my left eye to check what had happened.

'What the......' I opened my eyes completely and scanned my surroundings.
'How the hell am I back here?'

I'm back in my old room. Not my room in hearth manor, not in the abandoned church, but in my room with Grandpa, whom I learned was Zeus from Groium.

'This..... this isn't real' I denied it, 'I have to be dreaming'

"Knock Knock"

There was a knock at the door.
I stand up off of my bed and walk out to the living room, then proceed to open the front door.

An older gentleman was standing outside with a grim look on his face.

'I remember this.... all too well...' I thought sadly, adding a pause within my own thoughts for dramatic purposes.

"Bell" the man starts, "I'm sorry to tell you this....... your grandfather has died... he was attacked by goblins while out on an errand..."

'It can't be...... that would mean...'
I widen my eyes in excitement after realizing I had another chance to save everyone, but I quickly feigned a look of sorrow.

"No! He couldn't have died!" As I lived longer in Orario, I couldn't help but get much better at lying.

The man closed his eyes but kept his sorrowful expression, "I'm sorry boy, we'll do the best we can to help you but....."

I knew what was coming, but decided to continue, "But what?"

"What will you do now? Your grandfather was your only source of income" he asked, seeming genuinely concerned.

I sniffled a little bit, knowing that I was pulling out every stop in order to make it believable, "W-well..."
'I have to save them! All of them!'

I looked at the elder, "I'm going to become an adventurer!"
————————

I had packed my bags. I sat at the gates of the old farming village while saying my goodbyes to the people there.

"Goodbye! Maybe I'll see you all again someday!" I said to everyone, knowing that I wouldn't, or if would, it wouldn't be for a long time coming.

"See you, rabbit!"
"Au revoir!"
"Goodbye Bell!"

I was well-liked in the village, so it was understandable that many people had attempted to talk me out of "Throwing my life away" and try to prevent me from becoming an adventurer within the past hour. It didn't matter what they said, eventually they realized that they wouldn't be able to sway me and decided to say goodbye.

As I began the trek to the dungeon city, I finally noticed something. I didn't seem to feel any different from before talking to the god of chance. Curious, I walked up to a tree, and cast my magic.

"Firebolt!"

A much weaker version of my normal firebolt shot from my hand.

'Interesting' I thought as I marched on.
————————

During my journey, I encountered a kind merchant willing to give me a ride, sparing me the walk.