Bad Thoughts (UshiTen) 💜

Tendou hated himself. He always had, his thoughts being too much for him, people being too much for him, everything was too much. Even he was too much. No one likes hanging out with him anymore because he didn't know how to respond to things. He couldn't control his emotions and simply turn them on or off. When he needed them on, they were off and vise versa. No one liked hanging out with him except Ushijima. He tried to fix himself, fake a smile or whatever but he didn't pretend very well. When asked if he's alright, he smiles and claims that he's alright but he frowns before and after. No one pushes.

It was about 2 weeks before summer break when Shiratorizowa heard that Karasuno was inviting the whole prefecture to a 3 day training camp, like the one they had gone to in Tokyo. Tendou should've been excited but he wasn't, he didn't feel like going.
"Tendou, you have to go. It's a great opportunity to improve your skills and learn about others," Ushiwaka had told him.

"But 'Jima! Everyone is already scared of me. They call me 'guess monster' for a reason!" Tendou whined, hoping his boyfriend wouldn't push further.

"I guess. I'll miss you, though," he says, continuing to write in his textbooks." The red head hums in acknowledgement before leaving the room with his wallet and keys.
Ushiwaka looks up from his homework. "Where are you going?"

"I just need some fresh air," he says softly as he pulls the door shut behind him. The Miyagi evening air was warm but Tendou head his hoodie anyway, the only thing that brought him comfort when he felt this bad. It was, however, around his waist so he wouldn't be so hot. When he got to town, he wasn't sure where to go. He saw a convenient store and walked in. It had a few places to sit so he did a little shopping, buying a magazine to look at so he wasn't bored. He went to the counter with a bag of potato sticks, water and some fruity candy he had been meaning to try. He went to the counter quietly, waiting for whatever blond man behind the newspaper with smoke rising from it to realize he was there. He looked down at his hands and played with his fingers, still not saying anything. The store was colder than the streets so he pulled on his hoodie. His arms reached above the newspaper into the cashier's line of view and he put it down, tapping off the ash from the tip of his cigarette and squashing it to extinguish it. He looked at the young man and recognized his hooded eyes and ruby red hair despite it being down.

"Wait! Aren't you Shiratorizowa's number 5?!" he screamed in disbelief. Tendou flinched from the yelling and pulled his hoodie sleeves over his hands. He nodded without making contact, thinking the man knew him from watching a game.

"Will that be all?" he asked, quieter this time. Tendou could only shake his head yes. The man bagged up all of his food and Tendou went to go sit down. He looked at the magazine, nothing really interesting and ate his potato sticks quietly. He only took a few sips of water from the bottle before putting it into the bag with the candy and making his way back to the highschool. The door was open slightly when he walked to his dorm. His breathing almost stopped as he crept in. He flicked on the light with a bandaged finger on his unoccupied hand. He looked at his desk, a note atop it settled his nerves.

'Maybe it's an explanation." He picked up the note and read it.

'You left your phone in my room so I bought it back, it's on your bed. -Wakatoshi' He looked to his bed and saw his phone on his pillow. He placed the bag with his items on his desk and flopped on his bed, moving the phone to the nightstand so he could lay his head on his pillow. He decided not to change into his pajamas or take a shower, his shoes were still on as a matter of fact. He just wanted to sleep and sleep he did.

The next day, he didn't feel much better but now he had enough energy to at least fake it. He went to Ushiwaka's dorm to hang out with him but he saw Semi instead.