Chapter - 17 : Plan - 1

~Vineet~

I was touched by Ruhana's words. She still believes me, despite knowing that I loved someone else. I know she loves me, and she doesn't deserve all this mess. A beautiful friendship can turn into a more beautiful love story, I know, but I can't push myself. Adding to it, there's this girl, Abhilasha, whom I hate. But, she has re-entered my life. She wants to marry me now, just because she knows that I am a renowned businessman. All that matters to her is money - - only money, nothing else matters to her.

Ruhana came up with a plan and she wants me to go according to her. I don't doubt her, she is my childhood friend and she understands me better than I do. I know she loves me, and she is hurt by Abhilasha's entry in our life. I watched her as she messaged  Abhilasha from my phone. She asked her to meet me. I grew ecstatic reading the message, but Ruhana smiled at me. She comforted me that she will also be there. We know that she can take wrong moves to get what she wants, but Ruhana wants to go through the right path. She seemed quite sure of her plan. She broke my trance,tugging her hand in mine.

"Relax Vineet! Jaanti hoon, tum pareshan ho, par tumhe mujhpe bharosa toh hai na?" she asked me

"Of course Ruhana! I trust you

"Of course Ruhana! I trust you. You know me better." I said.

"Toh chinta mat karo, bas usse baat karo, maybe you can invite her to our flat. I am sure wo tumse koi na koi deal zaroor karegi." Ruhana said confidently.

I looked at her and she smiled at me. She told me not to worry and that I should leave for the office. I agreed to her while Ruhana took the keys of our other flat from my mom. It's a flat that I purchased from my income for investment purposes. It is fully furnished. We visit there at times, specially on Diwali. Now, that Ruhana asked me, I told my mom that Ruhana wants to see the flat. She agreed and handed the keys to Ruhana.

*****

I reached my office and got busy with work. As I finished the meeting and returned to my cabin, I found Abhilasha sitting on the couch. She smiled at me, and I smiled back, a fake one for the fake lady. I invited my clients in and we signed the deal.