Most Wanted Pt.2 | Aguni/Niragi x Nonbinary Reader |

Requested by: Myself

Warnings: swearing, injuries

-------------------

Cool night air burned my lungs as I forced myself to keep running, worried that the militants would trail me with their cars. A white glow reflected on my features, illuminating the area around me with dreadfully cold light. The building read 'Game Arena', a foggy cloud of water vapor appearing in the dark as I sighed, knowing I had to renew my visa.

Red lasers taunted me at the entrance of the building, almost smug at the fact that as soon as I entered I could not leave. A daunting chime pinging as I entered, unsure of what game laid ahead of me.

A singular spotlight cast brightness onto a modern looking white table in the middle of the reception room. Cool metal pressed against my skin as I picked up a phone from the table, the familiar 'one per person' sign causing my heart to pound. "4 of clubs, sound easy" Someone spoke from behind me, I didn't recognise the voice so I turned to greet the new person and possibly answer a few questions depending on how much they knew. However my heart dropped upon the sight of a random militant holding the playing card as Niragi, Aguni, and Takatora stood around her. Takatora drew his katana, pressing it dangerously close to my neck, examining me in a weird owl like fashion. "Ah there's the little runaway, should we finish what we started hm?" Niragi taunted, getting his rifle ready to aim.

"Players, 5. Difficulty, four of clubs. Game, 'survivors'. Rules, there are a series of dangers and traps designed to be fatal, however you must keep everyone alive, no outside weapons permitted. Time, thirty minutes." The robotic female voice informed, the words appearing on our phones as well.

"Huh, guess we'll have to kill you later" Niragi scoffed, placing his firearm onto the white table reluctently.

"So we're a team with someone who doesn't have a weapon and we know nothing about, except that they beat Arakan up" The female militant complained, scanning the room for any of those dangers and traps that the robotic voice warned us about.

"What's your specialty?" Aguni asked, rough voice making me nervous as he was directly addressing me, something that would usually mean death.

"Diamonds are my specialty" I replied, hoping to prove myself useful enough not to be killed after the game.

"Diamonds? I thought it'd be spades with what you did to Arakan" Niragi chuckled, having enjoyed seeing his fellow militant in such a broken state.

"No, I only do that when I need to. Are there any other questions you want to ask?" I responded, a little anxious to have the militants attention on me.

"Do you possess any useful skills? What did you do before the Borderlands? Wh-" Aguni questioned, suddenly getting cut off by an ever annoying Niragi

"What's your favourite colour? What's your favourite animal?" Aguni shot Niragi a cold glare, warning him to shut his mouth now or he'll get punched in the mouth.

"I know edible local flora, I'm good in a fist fight, I was an author before the Borderlands. My favourite colour is green and I like birds" I answered, Niragi nodding his head as if this were some kind of sick job interview, Aguni only stood silent and stoic as per usual.

A burst of gunshots followed by plaster pieces raining down on our heads snapped us out of our interview type conversation, heads whipping around to see a masked figure holding a submachine gun. The frightening doll-like mask tilted to the side, eyeing us up, slowly figuring out how to make their way over to us. "I believe that's our cue to leave" The female militant advised, cautiously walking down the empty hall.

Muffled footsteps against dirty old carpets was the only sound that filled the corridor, Aguni at the front of the group. A sense of false security had fallen upon the militants as there had been no dangerous incidents thus far, however it only increased my anxiety, concerned that nothing had happened yet. Adrenaline shot through my body as my eyes grew wide, quickly grabbing Aguni by his arm as I yelled for him to stop. His cold eyes fell upon me, waiting for an answer to explain my sudden outburst, I only pointed to the ground a few centimetres in front of his feet, an inconspicuous clear wire stretched across the pathway. He nodded a small thank you, motioning for me to go first this time. "I believe that Y/N should lead the group as they notice the finer details better than me, after all their speciality is diamonds."

"Either they have good eyesight or it's because they're so short" Niragi chuckled, grinning maliciously at my mock offense.

Various traps had left us bruised and bloodied, but luckily still alive. There were three minutes left on the timer and so far it hadn't been easy to get there. The female militant now required my assistance to walk as she had gotten her foot stuck in a bear trap, Niragi had blood covering his face as he had barely missed being completely crushed by a ceiling of spikes, and Aguni had a few arrow wounds from some form of automated arrow shooter. But we were alive and for now, that was good enough.

Shadow's moved in my peripheral view, my chest almost immediately filling with dread. Instincts took over as my legs subconsciously moved, I dived towards Niragi, pushing him behind the corner of the wall. A spray of concrete showering our faces as a bullet struck the wall. Takatora's attention shot towards the masked figure, drawing his katana, crouching down in a battle position. He was about to strike when the female militant and Aguni dragged him behind a wall, knowing that everyone had to live. "Takatora you idiot, did anyone ever tell you not to bring a knife to a gunfight?" She scolded, Aguni shushing her, straining his ears to listen for the masked figure's footsteps.

Breath caught in my throat as I watched the figure slowly approach the others, I could see Aguni listening for footsteps but the masked figure was careful enough to emit no sound at all. I looked to Niragi, silently asking if he had a plan, he only gave a half-assed shrug in return. Rolling my eyes at his nonchalant behaviour I turned back to the others, knowing that if I didn't do something soon, they, along with me, will all be dead.

Old floorboards groaned underneath my weight, protesting the swift movement of my legs. The figure was too slow to turn when I lunged at them, colliding my body with their lower back, taking them to the floor with me. I pressed my body onto theirs, barely keeping their thrashing body in place. Sickening crunching of bones was heard as Aguni slammed his boot down onto the figure's hand, successfully stopping them from putting a bullet in my head as they were about to blindly shoot behind them. The masked figure went limp underneath me as Takatora slammed his blade down into their skull, effectively killing them. "Thanks" I nodded to Aguni, hesitantly accepting Niragi's offer to help me up.

"You saved me twice, it's only fair" Aguni spoke, his gruff voice slightly faltering as he clutched one of his arrow wounds. He quickly regained his composure, determined to not let anyone know how badly he was hurt.

"Congratulations, game cleared" The monotone female voice informed us, an unnoticed tension leaving everyone's body in relief.