Most Wanted Pt.3 | Aguni/Niragi x Nonbinary Reader |

Requested by: Myself

Warnings: spoilers, swearing

---------------------

The light of the stars brought a feeling of comfort, one good thing about the Borderland was the lack of light pollution. There was nothing better than surviving another night and being able to see the brilliant beauty of the moon and stars. They reflected in my eyes as I continued to stare, no matter how many times I saw them, I'd never not be entranced by the ethereal beauty of the beyond. "So what are you going to do with me?" I questioned the militants, not bringing my gaze away from the stars, if they were going to kill me, I wanted the night sky to be the last thing I saw. The militants looked towards Aguni, knowing he was the one to make the decision.

"If I may offer my input my very superior superior with the utmost superiority. I believe we should let them live, because of two very good reasons" Niragi paused, bringing his hand up to show everyone the two fingers he had up. "One, there are hardly any attractive members at The Beach so I don't think we should kill the few there are, and two, they did save our lives a bunch" Niragi outstretched his arms, as if expecting some kind of applause for his 'speech'. Everyone mostly ignored him, still looking to Aguni who stood in deep thought.

"I agree with Niragi, we should let Y/N live" Aguni finally spoke, his words easing the nervousness that had built in my chest.

"Wait do you agree with both points or?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as Aguni turned, walking back to his vehicle.

"Are you coming Y/N?" Aguni asked, turning once more to face me, motioning to one of the car's doors. I nodded despite my surprise, approaching the car, happily entering as I didn't feel like walking all the way back to The Beach.

Visuals of roads and trees blended together, creating a mess of colours. The light of the moon delicately reflected on a few of the car's surfaces, sometimes dancing on the face of those inside. Niragi's eyes scanned my face, intrigued by the way the moonlight painted my features. He fiddled with his rifle, eyebrows knit together in a subtle frown, he was trying to ignore the feeling in his chest but it was persistent. His eyes flickered to Aguni, wondering if he should just shoot his competition now, no, he should wait for the right time.

Familiar sounds of shitty remix music and cheering welcomed us back to The Beach, multiple clicks were heard as we all exited the car. I thanked the militants for letting me live and spun around to enter The Beach's bright halls.

Distant sounds of partying echoed through the building, drunk friends occasionally passing me. Heading towards the outdoor pool, I decided to get a non alcoholic drink to quench my thirst then take a four year nap. Shoulders collided with mine as I pushed my way through the crowded party, desperately making my way to the bar, just wanting something to drink. "Y/N!" A familiar voice called my name, I searched the crowd for them, my gaze finally falling upon Kuina, as she made her way over to me. "I know you only ever really come here for a drink, so I got you one" She offered the drink to me, I happily accepted it, not realising how thirsty I was until now. "So? How was your game?" She asked, walking with me to an empty bench, I let out a nervous laugh

"Kuina you're not going to believe the night I've had"

Kuina was speechless, dumbfounded as I finished recounting the events of tonight. She took a sip from her drink, trying to give herself more time to come up with a response. "Shit Y/N getting involved with the militants is one thing but Aguni and Niragi taking a liking to you is trouble" She shook her head, putting emphasis on Niragi's name, reminding me of how damn dangerous he was.

"Yeah I know, not the best, but at least I'm alive" I fiddled with the tiny umbrella in my drink, deep in thought of what to do next.

"I'm not sure you'll want to be" Kuina warned, motioning to look behind me. I turned my head seeing the crowd of partiers separating, most of them trying to get as far away as possible. Niragi with his usual rifle slung over his shoulder was sauntering through the crowd, a look of glee on his face upon seeing the terror in everyone's eyes. The bench shook slightly as Niragi threw himself down onto it, taking a seat right next to me.

"Ah Y/N there you are, I've been looking for you" He grinned, swinging his legs onto either side of the bench, allowing himself to face me directly "I need you to come with me for a moment" He spoke, completely ignoring Kuina's existence.

"Uhh okay?" I complied, placing my drink on the bench as I said my goodbyes to Kuina, a look of concern on her face as she watched Niragi walk away with me, a arm slung around my shoulder.

I gazed upon old paintings, some of them I had seen in art museums before being transported to the Borderlands. The walls were decorated with stolen treasures, the Hatter always loving any chance to show off. "I've never seen this part of the building before" I said in amazement, sparkling of the gold details sending flecks of light onto my skin.

"Well I can show you all kinds of things you've never seen before my little hawk" Niragi boasted, leading me to the end of the decorated hallway, a lazy arm still around my shoulders.

"Why am I here if I may ask?"

"Hatter's called a meeting for the militants and executives, and I wanted to bring you along so I can show you off" Niragi answered, swinging the large doors open, heads turning towards the doorway as he did so.

"You're late Niragi" An chastised, sighing as she turned to face the others, ready to begin the meeting.

"Hey why is that smartass here?" The familiar male militant exclaimed, pointing a shaking finger at me, obviously still not over what had happened. He was about to go into a yelling fit, suddenly quietened by a rifle being pointed towards his head.

"This 'smartass' is here because I said so, if you say one more thing to them I'll riddle your body with bullets." The male militant quickly shut his mouth, knowing that Niragi meant what he had said. My eyes drifted from the militants terrified expression to the body laying on the table. It was Hatter's dead body.