the long awaited win

word count : 1910 words

four years ago, the loona project started. march  12, 2020, so what was released. doyeon had been encouraging orbits to help them get their first win. even since love&live promotions, doyeon was asking everybody, and she means everyone. by now stan twitter believed that doyeon was the one who started the whole stan loona ( which wasn't true ) but people liked to believe it.

since her debut, she had promised to the girls and only them that she'd do her absolute best to get them their first win even if it makes her the most annoying and pushy idol in the industry. though during butterfly era, the girls have started to lose some motivation and some of the staff even ridiculed doyeon at times.

that was until the second week of march, promoting for so what. the results came in on the screen and the moment the strip confetti blasted and the trophy was given to yves, doyeon smiles widely as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her immediately and she looks at yeojin. she smiles hugging her back and comforts her.

"we did it." yeojin said into her ear, continuing to cry.

"yeah, we did." doyeon smiles. as the song started and the idols and mcs were walking off stage, the trophy was handed to yeojin to carry and doyeon cheers loudly as she hugged yeojin tightly.

the girls smile upon seeing doyeon be the happiest she's ever been and yeojin falls to her knees unable to stop the tears. doyeon chuckles kneeling down in front of her and turns around. yeojin immediately clings onto her back for the piggyback ride and doyeon carries her on her back.

doyeon smiles as she looked at the other girls yet she couldn't stop thinking about haseul. the only thing she could think of now was leaving as fast as possible to go to haseul. the others can see it on her face and they smile sadly thinking about their leader as well.

"i promise you, when we win, the first thing i do that morning after is visit you." doyeon looks at haseul as the two sat together watching their favourite movie.

"what about your whole, celebrate with your friends at the pc cafe and pass out there." haseul looks at her and doyeon chuckles shaking her head.

"i'm concerned you think i have friends outside of this group." doyeon nudges her and haseul smiles.

"besides, those people aren't 'family' to me, you guys are." doyeon smiles and haseul lays her head on doyeon's shoulder.

"how cliché." haseul teases her and doyeon scoffed.

as yeojin got off doyeon's back to hug the other members. doyeon then turns to face hyejoo and the older girl hugs her tightly.

"so, when you told me you wouldn't cry.." doyeon said as she hugs her back just as tight.

"shut up." hyejoo said crying into her shoulder and doyeon smiled kissing her head.

"wait, what did you say again that the company will do when we win?" hyejoo asked.

"they'll finally put me and yeojin in a subunit..." it took only a few seconds for doyeon to realize what she said and her eyes widened before running to yeojin.

"our subunit's gonna happen!" doyeon said to yeojin as the girl's eyes widen and she hugged doyeon tightly.

"finally!" yeojin squealed as she jumped into her arms and the two cheered. the others joined in on the hug knowing that orbits' four year yearning of yeojin and ashley's subunit would finally come to an end.

——

later that night, doyeon and yeojin were left at the dorm since they couldn't join for the company dinner. since they still weren't of age to drink. and with the dorm all to themselves, they were partying the entire night, just the two of them. you'd think it'd be quiet but with these two, left alone like kids, they partied like a bunch of drunk college frat boys.