10.

To say that I had a difficult day would be an understatement. Saturday nights are a doctor's nightmare.

Too many teenagers.
Too much stupidity.
Unpredictable accidents.

They say there's no correlation between age and maturity, I absolutely agree because I see equally fucked up adult patients.
Doing stupid stuff.
On daily basis.

It's nice to have a change in schedule. So instead of seeing more blood and what not, today I'm going out for dinner.

I'm going out with a really really handsome man and his equally handsome seven year old.

I sometimes take out time and go out with the gang but mostly it's just me and Salvatore brothers.

We used to meet often but we're all busy in our lives now. It's difficult to catch up.

Well after the scene that Damon made, I thought I'd have to actively work against his charms but it didn't happen. Their bar 'Salvatore Brothers' is going through some changes. He's busy with it.

He calls or text me at least once a day and tells me about his day. Sometimes there are just snaps of his handsome face.
But whatever it is, it's mostly highlight of my day.

       As I get ready for my date with the father and son

As I get ready for my date with the father and son. I pick a gray boat necked sweater and blue jeans. They go perfectly well with my black canvas shoes.

Well I absolutely love heels but after the 10 hour shift that I pulled, I don't think if heels are good idea.

I get ready and wait on my swing for the duo to appear. I open my Instagram app to pass time. And in a few minutes I'm so deep in Instagram vortex that I didn't hear the Saint boys entering through the gate.

I only noticed when Trevor called out my name,

       "Good evening Miss Bonnie, are you ready?"

"Yes Mr Trevor I'm absolutely ready. Let's go"

       "I'm sorry, we're a bit late. This little guy was excited to go out and couldn't pick up an outfit", Enzo apologises.

       "Daaaaaaad", Trevor whines.

       "What? It's the truth!", Enzo replies.

"Don't worry Trevor I think you're the coolest kid in the whole world, you don't need to worry about anything", I attempt to reassure him.

We get into his car and reach 'Mystic Grills'. It's a homey restaurant. With small tables, generally for 4-6 people.

       We are greeted warmly by the waitress and given a table immediately, regardless of some people waiting outside.

I look at him and say, "We got the table easily, do you know someone here?"

I didn't even finish the sentence when a woman comes strutting in all black outfit with dark blue heels.

       "Look who's here! My favourite boys", she announces loudly.

Enzo immediately gets up and half hugs the woman, Trevor just looks up and smiles.

       "Hello aunt Jenna", he says with disdain.

        "Hello to you too kid. And who is this lady if I may ask?", she looks me up and down, with kinda judgy eyes.

I get up to introduce myself,
"Hello. Bonnie Bennet"

       "Bennet! Ohh so you're Abby's daughter?", she recognises me.

"Yeah. It's a pleasure to finally meet you! Are you the dancer?", she asks me.

FFS, What's wrong with these people?

"No I'm a DOCTOR", I answer, laying emphasis on doctor.

       "Well, I'm Jenna Sommers, owner of Mystic Grills", that sounded kinda bratty to my ears. Bitch alert.

"Nice to meet you too Jenna"

Jenna tries to make conversation with Enzo but he tries to evade, finally Jenna gets the message and leaves us alone.

I'm a little bit confused about this Jenna person. She's undoubtedly hot but instinct tells me to stay the fuck away from her. Plus children's judgements are mostly pure, Trevor doesn't like her. I haven't seen Enzo around women so I don't know how he feels about her.

       Let's just hope for the sake of Trevor that he didn't brought us here for Jenna. And bdw I'm not jealous at all.
Right?
Whatever.

We order food and have conversation. It's mostly our little 'Talking Tom' telling us  about the new stuff he learned about whales and his crush on a new teacher and how he doesn't likes to sit behind Andrew because his fart smells like 'really bad poop', his words.

       There's something so refreshing about listening to him talk, even if it's about poop.

When Trevor gets up to go and ask for ketchup, Enzo looks at me and asks,
"You really do like my kid, don't you?"

And I answer him,

"I see too much death and disease in my daily life. I've reached a point where a death is just a death. But here seeing Trevor, I see life. So much life. He adores his father, he loves going to school and making friends, he is overflowing with curiosity. All in all he's an amazing kid. He's soothing like some therapy"

He just looks at me.

"Oh my god! Did I say something wrong?"

"No, absolutely not. It's just that... that there were women... nothing"

"Come on, Enzo, tell me what's bugging you?"

"Don't get offended but there were women in past who tried to use Trevor to get close to me, it is the reason why I stay away"

"Ohh ok. I don't know what to say to that. But I'm definitely more interested in Trevor than you", I try to add humour.

He smiles and Trevor is back.

Why are his smiles becoming more and more beautiful as we spend time together?