Part 4

Kokichi's body went stiff, he didn't look back, he was too scared.

"T-that's not funny Saihara-Chan..."

Shuichi let out an evil chuckle "I never said it was."

"What do you mean..." Kokichi's breath was heavy.

"I mean, would you feel safe right now if I was the mastermind?" Shuichi felt through Kokichi's hair.

"Y-You're scaring me..." Kokichi tried to move "Please let go..."

"But then you would run away..." Shuichi rested his head on Kokichi's shoulder.

Kokichi stayed frozen, too scared to move.

"What's wrong? You seem scared..." Shuichi talked down to him.

"What is it that your feeling? You... terrified? Sad? Upset? Betrayed? Are you feeling... despair?" Shuichi said with a sick smile on his face.

"I-I said let go... you're scaring me..." Kokichi struggled.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't let anything hurt you." Shuichi said to shush Kokichi "You're safe right here..."

"You're l-lying... tell me you're lying..."

"You look so scared... it's okay..." Shuichi played with Kokichi's hair "I won't hurt you... You trust me, right?"

Shuichi turned Kokichi's face to look at him.

"Aw, I didn't to expect to get such a good reaction..." Shuichi wiped a tear from Kokichi's face "How cute~"

"Why..." Kokichi looked up at Shuichi. "You... killed them... you killed our friends..."

"Oh, yeah. I did that. Sorry I guess?" Shuichi said as if he didn't care

"You even killed Kaede." Kokichi looked away from him "Wasn't she your friend? How could you do that to her..."

Shuichi paused for a minute

"I got bored of her." Shuichi sighed

"When are you going to get bored of me?"

"Why am I doing this." Shuichi stopped to think "This is messed up... I shouldn't be scaring him... Why did I enjoy seeing him scared... I need to stop... this isn't okay."

"I'm sorry..." Shuichi said quietly

Kokichi didn't respond.

"T-there's something wrong with me... I can't help it..." Shuichi looked away

"That's not an excuse..." Kokichi said in tears "You still killed them."

"I know... I couldn't help it... it's really wrong but... I got this strange... thrill seeing them suffer... I don't know why..." Shuichi let his guard down slightly.

Kokichi got out of his arms and backed away from him.

"G-Get away from me..." Kokichi looked at Shuichi terrified.

"W-wait!" Shuichi came over to Kokichi "I'm sorry..."

"I want to go home..." Kokichi mumbled.

"I know..." Shuichi looked away, feeling guilty.

Shuichi smiled at Kokichi "Don't worry, you won't remember that this ever happened."

The room went dark.

"W-wait what do you-" Kokichi scrambled around panicked.

"I'm sorry..." Shuichi sighed

The lights went back on.

"Oh, hey Saihara-Chan!" Kokichi said smiling "When did you get here?"

"Good, he doesn't remember." Shuichi paused to think.

"Ah, I was thinking... want to hang out?" Shuichi said awkwardly

"Ooh, like a date?~" Kokichi teased

"I g-guess...?" Shuichi blushed "I don't know..."

"C'mon!" Kokichi grabbed Shuichi's hand "Let's go!"

"How much longer can I keep this up? They're going to find out eventually..."