Test of Love

"Why can't it be with you?" Eva asked, tearfully. "We were happy before. Why can't we be happy again?"

Noah was silent for a while then suggested. "This will make my uncle happy at least. How about we just try not to piss each other off for the next year and a half. And just get through the term, if you still want to leave, we'll get a divorce."

"You don't want to leave." Eva asked him.

"No, why would you think that?"

"Because you're mad at me all the time. I thought you hated me!" Eva cried.

"I don't hate you!" Noah declared."

"It felt like you did." Eva whispered softly.

"That was the problem. Me treating you like that. I should've treated you better. I will treat you better." Noah promised.

"You better, because the minute you don't, I'm gone." Eva promised.

"I know, and I'll let you go." Noah said with a smile.

"So, we're good." Eva asked.

"As long as you're good, I'm good." Noah declared, and Eva smiled at him. "Since you're staying, wanna have make up sex?"

"HA! HA! HA!" Eva laughed. "No."

"Oh, come on!" Noah begged. "You don't even have to do anything."

Eva chuckled at him as she shook her head repeating in a sing-song voice. "No."

"Worth a shot." Noah muttered.

"When I'm ready to take our relationship back to that, I let you know."

"Please do." Noah griped, and Eva laughed once more as she slipped on her wedding band for their arrival in Guam.

They arrived in Guam under heavy security. As Noah proceeded with the tour of the base, the general regaled him with the soldier's exploits and concerns.

"His last disastrous test is what has him on hold for now, but I think we better be ready to defend ourselves. I admire that you placed such a huge investment into us. As the son of a former marine and a former federal agent..."

"Ha, ha, former." Eva chuckled, and Noah glared at her. "If he could've kept the badge and still be President he would've done it." Eva informed them.

"That's why we're glad we voted for you, Sir. We knew you'd seek our interest and understand the need for some form of military action. I'm not advocating an all-out war, but maybe the issue can be dealt with delicately."

"I'm definitely all for delicacy." Eva muttered.

Noah glared at her and he read her look – say the word and she'd fix it. There was no way he was going down that road with her. He was not about to turn into Welker, having his own private assassin. Eva may not understand, but he wanted better for her. He didn't want her to think of herself as just a killing machine.

"I'll have to go to Congress and get the necessary approval." Noah informed him. "If it were just me, I'd do the job myself..."

"There is no way in hell that is happening!" Eva gritted out, much to the amusement of the surrounding military elite.

"Eva. Why don't you go chat with some of the personnel?"

"I will tell Ana, if you even think of leading a team to the grocery store!" Eva threatened.

"Eva, I'm not gonna do anything...."

"You sure?" Eva asked then whispered. "Because running an op is the only other thing that gets you hard besides me."