Mr President

Eva awoke with a start. She could've sworn she heard the door close, but the Secret Service were no doubt outside, so she didn't worry. Still the chill the thought brought wouldn't leave her, so she snuggled closer to Noah's sleeping form and he automatically put his arms around her easing her fears until she fell asleep once more.

Noah stared at Eva's sleeping form. When was the last time he did that he wondered? She didn't look like she could hurt a fly. She looked innocent and completely harmless. When she was awake, is when you saw the killer. It was in her eyes.

He reached across and pulled a curl. She usually straightened it out, but the curls were coming back so Noah watched as it bounced back. He wished to keep her like this, all quiet and safe. She didn't understand his drive to protect her, but it was like breathing he needed to do it. She was his to take care of, he failed her once, he would not fail her again. No one would hurt her ever again. Not on his watch.

Midnight blues opened, "Good morning" Noah greeted.

Eva smiled at him.

"It's election morning. We gotta go make a production of casting our vote."

Eva frowned.

"Two more months, baby. Just hold on." Noah promised. "Come on, let's just get it done."

Eva sat up and saw the open closet door, then looked at Noah "You're not dressed."

"No. I was hoping we'd shower together."

"The closet door is open."

Noah looked at it and said, "So?"

"So! You practically have OCD about things not being where you put them! Did you leave that door open?"

Noah sat up straighter then got up and went to the door. "Nothing's moved."

"The door was left open on purpose. They wanted us to know they were watching us."

"How are you so sure someone was there?"

"I heard a door close last night or rather early this morning. It woke me up."

"Maybe it was the agents..."

Eva shook her head. "I don't think it was. Then again maybe I'm being paranoid."

"Maybe..." Noah replied, staring into the closet. "Let's get out of here."

"I'm suddenly in a hurry to fake smile and wave," Eva said shakily as she got off the bed hurrying to the bathroom. It was obvious there would be no fun in the shower as she closed the door behind her.

"Noah!" Eva shouted, and he raced into the bathroom. "Look."

When Noah looked in the sink there were a few strands of Eva's hair. He turned towards Eva who was hyperventilating, panic in her eyes. Noah picked her up and carried her out of the bathroom. She kept grabbing at her hair and gasping for air. He picked up her robe, wrapped her in it and threw on his pants. Then he opened the door and said, "There's been a breach."

Agents rushed into the room and Noah barked orders.

"They touched me," Eva whispered as trembled all over. "They touched me. It was a warning."

Noah raced back to her and picked her up taking her back to the Presidential bedroom.

"They could've killed us both. I let my guard down..."

"Hush, Eva," Noah ordered as he placed her in the Louis XVI chair.

Kate slid to her side and asked. "What happened?"