Enemies Surround

Finding out details of who was running her father's operation wasn't too difficult, finding out who they were specifically, was near impossible. According to Tyler, he was a virtual newbie, but he knew the business like the back of his hand. The worst part was that he may know of her since he seemed to know everything else including the location of Vic.

That he hadn't made a move against her either proved one of two things: he wasn't an enemy - not very likely - or he wasn't ready to make his move yet. Eva was banking on the latter and trying to stack her chips accordingly for any fallout, including an escape plan for Noah and the kids to a secure location.

She voiced her fears to Noah after Roland had left.

"He's also legitimized the business. Maybe he's not interested in that sort of thing," Noah reasoned as they lay in bed.

"Men with money are always interested. They all want to be Gods of their own little world." Eva griped bitterly.

"You call me God and don't see me bragging about it," Noah smirked then braced as Eva hit him with a pillow.

"This is serious!"

"We can ask Roland to take a look at the guy. Why is his last name Green though?"

"That's not confirmed. He just signed some documents with the signature E. Green. Same signature as Daddy's. It may be an alias."

"What if it isn't?"

"What are you getting at?"

"I'll let you know after I speak with Roland."

"Roland would just tell me." Eva pouted.

"Roland won't. Not about this and besides, he also can't do this ..." Noah pointed out as he leaned in and kissed her. "...and this..." He added as he crawled on top of her. "...or this." He finished as he deepened the kiss. His lips gentled after he bit her lips, drawing her in and tasting her. Eva moaned then quickly pulled away.

"I hate this!" She griped.

"Kissing me?" Noah asked in shock, "Since when?"

"Not kissing you, idiot!" Eva clarified, "This feeling you give me. Like I can't control my thoughts around you."

"What's so bad about that?" Noah remarked as he flopped on his back. "I feel the same way sometimes." He admitted, "When I found out what you did to Cooper...honestly, I wanted to hate you and, in a way, I did for a while then...I kept missing you...still needing and wanting you...I felt guilty about still wanting to stay married to you. Whatever this is between us, ...this thing ...that's too powerful to call it love...scares me too sometimes."

"I wanted to feel this way for Roland after I met him," Eva admitted and when Noah sat up in alarm, she soothed, "I don't. Don't worry. It just would've been easier."

"I felt the same way with Veronica." Noah admitted, "She understood me and knew what life with an agent was like, but when she kissed me, all I could think of was you. I felt nothing...no fire in my blood. Nothing."

"We are so strange to be talking like this," Eva mused.

"Not really. Maybe we're growing up." Noah said with a smile.

"Maybe...." She smiled back at him then leaned into him.

"Seriously though, can I finish what I started, or are you still up in arms about being outplayed?"

"How do you...You know what, never mind – you win!" Eva declared as she took off her pajamas.

"I want something for my victory..." Noah muttered as stroked his 5 o'clock shadow.