Chapter 6 - Beach Day!

It's hard to trust when all you have
from the past is evidence why you shouldn't

As I'm in the shower vibing out to one of my famous concerts someone knocks on the door. Hard. I quickly get out and wrap a towel around my body before walking to my door.

"Can I help you?" I ask, opening the door seeing Shawn.

"Shit my bad," he curses. I roll my eyes letting him in as I walk back to the bathroom to change. I throw on a red bikini under denim shorts and a white shirt.

"What's up?" I ask, walking out seeing him sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I need your help," he blurts out. His hands are shaking and his eyes are looking everywhere with me.

"You're going to have to be more specific," I slowly say.

"Okay, so I got in shit with these guys. I-I don't know what they want," he stutters.

"Alright calm down," I say sitting next to him. I put my hands on top of his shaking ones in an attempt to calm him down.

"So much for red octagons," I jest and he smiles a bit.

"Usually I can deal with 3-4 guys on my own. But these ones are dangerous. In a gang," he mentions.

"Okay do they want money?" I ask.

"That's the thing. I don't know, they say you owe me and sending me threats but I don't know what," he retorts.

"How'd you even meet them?" I question getting up and walking over to my desk to check the time.

"Basically a while ago I used to be friends with them. Then I couldn't pay up my debts and deliver. They started using me for their own benefits like drug deliveries and a whole bunch of messed up shit," he explains.

I turn around to see his knee bouncing and his face pale. "Look usually I'll be fine but they've got guns and shit. It's basically one on seven. They're going to be at the beach today," he says.

"Alright, that's not a problem. What do you want me to do," I ask walking over to him. I sit back down criss-cross on my bed facing him.

"Beach time bitches!" AJ yells walking in with everyone else. Shawn and I immediately stand up alarmed.

"Do you not know how to knock?" I ask.

"Do you not kno- Woah what's up Shawn," Hendrix walks in and does a bro-shake with Shawn.

"What's going on?" Toni asks. Chase is silent leaning against the wall. He's wearing black swim trunks, a white shirt and black sunglasses. He looks hot.

"Nothing just friends talking," I say, clapping my hands together.

"I'm going to go. See you at the beach Charm," Shawn says, leaving. I walk over to my desk, I pick up my phone and beach bag turning back to the group. They're all staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Shawn really. Thought you could do better," Toni scoffs and I roll my eyes.

"Shawn nothing. We're just friends," I say walking out the door. The boys and Toni follow behind.

"So lead the way," I gesture towards the open space.

"Have everything?" AJ asks and I nod. AJ starts walking and I follow next to him.

•••

After walking, a bus, more walking and another bus we finally reached the beach. Let me tell you it's worth it. It's hot, the water is cool, there's shaved ice stands, a restaurant. Teens are playing with water guns, balloons, painting, and eating. It's like a carnival at the beach.