Chapter 21 - Smoke and Allergies

It's the connection we can't explain

"Hey Shawn can you wake up Charm" I hear snickers in the background. I stay asleep ignoring everything.

"Yeah uh sure," I feel a gentle shake on my shoulder and grab their arm twisting it. My eyes snap awake realizing it's Shawn groaning in pain as I twist his wrist.

"Sorry," I apologize as the boys laugh and Shawn rubs his wrist.

"You guys set me up," Shawn sends glares to Hendrix, AJ and Chase. I take my backpack and duffle bag and get out of the car.

"Might want to ice that," I mention walking up to the front door.

"No guards?" I ask, seeing no one around.

"They're further out today. My parents now realize you aren't a threat," Chase rings the doorbell four times. The door opens revealing a little blonde girl with her hair in pigtails and in a pink dress.

"Chasey!" She screams, jumping up. Chase catches her lifting her and starts kissing her cheek repeatedly. She giggles over and over and it melts my heart seeing how vulnerable Chase is with his sister.

"Hey munchkin. What's going on," Chase asks his sister. His sister leans in kissing his cheek.

"I missed you," she pokes his cheek and Chase pretends to try and bite her finger causing her to laugh.

"I missed you too," he says. The girl moves her head looking around before pointing to me and whispering something in Chase's ear.

"I know," Chase replies, handing her over to me. I carefully hold up the girl in my arm so she's facing me.

"I said you're pretty," she whispers in my ear.

"So are you. What's your name gorgeous," I ask poking the middle of her chest. She throws her head back giggling and I smile at the bundle of joy in my arms. She's so happy.

"I'm Isabella but you can call me Bella," she answers.

"That's a pretty name. I'm Charm," I greet. She looks behind me seeing Hendrix, AJ and Shawn. I watch as Hendrix smiles waving at her and Bella blushes. Hendrix comes up and I hand her to him.

"Hey look at that. The power rangers are here," I turn around to see Leo leaning against the door frame. Chase rolls his eyes.

I see Loretta and Marcello behind him and I follow Chase inside the house ignoring Leo. I feel a pull at my wrist and turn back seeing a smirking Leo. I twist his wrist as he groans in pain looking back making sure Bella doesn't see.

"Touch me again and it'll be the last time you see broad daylight," I threaten in a low whisper. I let go of his arm, flipping him off before hugging Loretta.

"He's just joking dear," she says hugging me. I smile pulling away before turning to Marcello.

"Marcello," I mutter.

"Charmainley," he reciprocates. How does he even know my full name?

"Leo will show you your rooms," he says.

"No-"

"We have things to discuss. Leo, show them," Marcello demands.

"Have your knife," Chase whispers, leaning down to face level from behind. I feel his hot breath on my neck and lips graze my ear.

"Always," I whisper back. He walks away with his father and Loretta walks some opposite direction. I follow Leo along with Hendrix, AJ, Shawn and Bella. Bella is on Shawn's back.